Build & Price is up!

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Just read the v8 is rated at 425hp and the 50th Anniversary edition is $47k..... Ouch!!!

IamRacerX

Established Member
I bet it's below the Boss number.... It's not forged and doesn't have the Cnc heads. Plus cam grinds are different too... But you never know.

Coming Up

WeStayClean
Established Member
kinda hard to believe its only a 5hp increase when its touted to be on par with a boss.

rrg9946

Established Member
I bet it's below the Boss number.... It's not forged and doesn't have the Cnc heads. Plus cam grinds are different too... But you never know.

Material of the internals do not determine or affect horsepower numbers. It merely effects the ability of how much the engine can handle. Lighter internals allow the rotating mass to spin faster without creating increased stress on the internal assembly. The following changes (revisions) have been made to the "Coyote" platform:
-Larger Valves on both intake and exhaust
-Larger "CNC'd" Exhaust and Intake ports allowing for smoother more direct air flow, thus more CFM
-Stiffer Valve springs to allow the valves to seat completely under high RPM conditions
-Cams have been revised with 2mm larger lift on intake and 1mm larger lift on exhaust
-A better flowing Intake manifold with charge motion control valves
-Steel forge balanced crankshaft right from the boss, allowing for more HP potential and higher RPM's
-Oil Cooler
-Redesigned Piston tops with valve reliefs to make room for the larger valves
-Forged piston rods

I am not a Ford engineer, but I do have an extensive background of buying engines and racing (Mustangs in particular). I can confidently say that the 425 number does not hold water. Even if Ford puts that out as the number, it will be a highly deflated number by Ford as they have often done. The example of this was when the '03 Cobra was introduced, and Dyno machines everywhere were producing the 390hp advertised at the flywheel, right at the rear tires. We've waited this long so let's be patient on some hard numbers. I for one have no fear in ordering this car prior to the numbers being released. I have all the confidence in the world that Ford will have a happy customer in me when the numbers are released. Also keep in mind with the new changes made to the 5.0, you may want to really think and realize that they all point to a boost minded motor. The charge control valves in the intake are a dead give away. The stiffer springs to keep everything tight under high load. The forged arms which are notoriously the weak point in a boosted engine. Oh not to mention mid-lock cam phasers that provide a larger range of cam timing on the intake side.

Now let's continue with the fun banter :)

Troponin

Established Member
Material of the internals do not determine or affect horsepower numbers. It merely effects the ability of how much the engine can handle. Lighter internals allow the rotating mass to spin faster without creating increased stress on the internal assembly. The following changes (revisions) have been made to the "Coyote" platform:
-Larger "CNC'd" Exhaust and Intake ports allowing for smoother more direct air flow, thus more CFM
-Stiffer Valve springs to allow the valves to seat completely under high RPM conditions
-Cams have been revised with 2mm larger lift on intake and 1mm larger lift on exhaust
-Steel forge balanced crankshaft right from the boss, allowing for more HP potential and higher RPM's
-Oil Cooler
-Forged piston rods

I am not a Ford engineer, but I do have an extensive background of buying engines and racing (Mustangs in particular). I can confidently say that the 425 number does not hold water. Even if Ford puts that out as the number, it will be a highly deflated number by Ford as they have often done. The example of this was when the '03 Cobra was introduced, and Dyno machines everywhere were producing the 390hp advertised at the flywheel, right at the rear tires. We've waited this long so let's be patient on some hard numbers. I for one have no fear in ordering this car prior to the numbers being released. I have all the confidence in the world that Ford will have a happy customer in me when the numbers are released. Also keep in mind with the new changes made to the 5.0, you may want to really think and realize that they all point to a boost minded motor. The charge control valves in the intake are a dead give away. The stiffer springs to keep everything tight under high load. The forged arms which are notoriously the weak point in a boosted engine. Oh not to mention mid-lock cam phasers that provide a larger range of cam timing on the intake side.

I have come to love underrated numbers. BMW has done this a few times, and the cars they did it to turned out to be impressive performers and were sleepers at the time.

On a slightly different topic, why would you order a car before knowing what it has!? Seems a bit better to wait for specs, and maybe even the first round of rebates.

rrg9946

Established Member
I have come to love underrated numbers. BMW has done this a few times, and the cars they did it to turned out to be impressive performers and were sleepers at the time.

On a slightly different topic, why would you order a car before knowing what it has!? Seems a bit better to wait for specs, and maybe even the first round of rebates.

Well like I said I'm confident about the numbers. 3 major reasons why I ordered my car already:

1. I love the revisions made to the engine. This engine will be able to handle significant HP numbers.
2. I absolutely love the interior!
3. I love the body lines. I feel like the car graduated to a world class sports car. But yet it will still have the grunt of raw Detroit steel.

As far as rebates go, I got a very very good deal from Bowen's Garage :)

IamRacerX

Established Member
Obviously being forged means nothing for power generating... I was simply reminding you guys some of the differences in the changes as compared to the roadrunner version of the coyote.
If it has 450 thats great... but imo I bet its below the Boss 444

nicksender

Established Member
A lot of good talking points here; guess we'll just have to speculate for a while.

If they said it would run as fast or faster than a Boss around a road course maybe the HP isn't as high as the Boss but the weight is a couple hundred lbs. lighter?

I'm going to order one in Fall either way just waiting impatiently for #'s. :)

rrg9946

Established Member
-Oil Cooler
-Forged piston rods

lol!!!! I meant to ssay building not BUYING......

Users who are viewing this thread