Build or buy, 1 or 2?

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
If have the choice of building your current mustang (My case is a 466hp KB 02 saleen with stock longblock) to roughly 650hp and be your only car (Other than family car)
OR
Buy a second mustang already making 631hp on 15psi on a dart block with a vortech and have 2 mustangs?
Localish speed shop did a lot of the work in GA.

shurur

Established Member
Build. Something to remember when you get "old" and something special to pass down. Plus building puts you in control of everything.

shurur

Established Member
OK...then if stick axle is s not a concern....look at power to weight ratio of what you have and second car you are considering...

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I'm going to have to say build in this case. If the car was needed as reliable transportation, I'd say buy a new shelby to that power level and better reliability.

SirShaun

Established Member
Buy. Building isn't fun, driving is. I guess it's kind of fun shopping for parts and researching stuff you love. You may find something even more bad ass on racingjunk.com or yellow bullet classifieds.

You mentioned you were going to have a speed shop do it anyways. Waiting for your car to come back is torture. It feels like a never ending Christmas Eve as a kid.

Last edited:

2000gt4.6

Established Member
It sounds to me like you think daily driving a 650 horsepower 2V is going to be a thing? I don't think so.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I've already built.

I'd rather buy now and be done with it

Users who are viewing this thread