Build decision time

tvanlant

Established Member
Which gives me the most ability to grow?

Procharger has the most room to grow for sure. You can easily upgrade blower sizes on the same bracket all the way up to big F series blowers. Plus it comes standard with an 8 rib dedicated drive belt, and can be always be upgraded to a cog drive belt. Also, its much easier to work on/around than other systems.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Procharger has the most room to grow for sure. You can easily upgrade blower sizes on the same bracket all the way up to big F series blowers. Plus it comes standard with an 8 rib dedicated drive belt, and can be always be upgraded to a cog drive belt. Also, its much easier to work on/around than other systems.

both centrifugals can upgrade to a pretty nasty sized head unit that will put down well over 1000 rwhp and be near 7 second capable with weight out of the car.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
If you don't have a budget I don't see how it would be possible to get anything other than the CPR turbo kit along with a built short block. I have a paxton my self and I think its great. The car runs very good.

Dalpilot

Established Member
Let me rephrase, lol, I don't have a budget I have chosen but I also don't have unlimited resources. It is a show/street car. It gets driven when I am home and I will take it to the track on occasion. I will most likely have a built bottom end at some point. Currently my "plan" is to be happy at 600rwhp and make it look great while doing it. My "Plans" always seem to get carried away. The Ranger started out as a simple swap.....It wen't a little farther.

Beef, thanks for the pics. Great looking car. Thanks for the info, and technical help.

Cpr, that looks amazing.

Dalpilot

Established Member
Quick question. I know that LT headers help NA engines dramatically, will the same hold true when it is FI or is the "forced" part pretty much taking care of the restriction for the most part?

_Snake_

Established Member
Tim - I've asked a lot of shops and builders the same question. All recommended LT's with any type of FI.

I did end up buying that 2013 Boss with the Procharger on it. No headers (yet). Put a P1SC1 on your car and you'll have all kinds of traction issues again. And PLENTY of room to go bigger. Oh, and they're polished. :D

-Mike

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread