Build decision time

Dalpilot

Established Member
I have finished the appearance mods, have a pretty good handle on power suoporting mods and fixd my traction issues and am pretty satisfied with the results AND have traction again. That means it is time to add power. LOL.

I built this car wpecifically to promote my website for guys that would rather build it themslves than buy it, builtwithblood.com, so anything done, I will be doing it. Hence the bloody part.:cuss:

I am now at the point where I have to decide on which FI method I want. I have built a few turbo and twin turbo projects so I am leaning towards a blower over turbos. Either way I WILL be digging in to headers so that is not at issue. You guys that have FI, can you share with me if you are happy with the route you went?

I will be making a decision over the next few weeks. This is not my only car so its no big deal if Its a lengthy install. I am a pilot and travel for a living so it will probably take a while anyway. Thanks for your help. I look forward to sharing the build with you guys in the future.

Dalpilot

Established Member
Here is here I sit right now. The existing mods are in my sig.

b2d09840f750ced18a76395254f1ea31_zps7cc63817.jpg

1621d9f30599769507e0e54b1da77888_zps53e83cb4.jpg

839920fcdd70c66e2311d62521181279_zps7c526a6b.jpg

Dalpilot

Established Member
I went with the BBR Billet LCA's.....well, cause they are sexy and they work great. Actually rides better than stock and has zero wheel hop and noise.

Justin81

Established Member
Boy the sun really woke that color up in that last picture!

I have a turbo car and I personally wouldn't go that route again. It's a little more high maintenance than I have time for. If you're going to go blower than you just need to decide if you want the RPM screamer of a centrifugal blower or the down low grunt of a Roots blower. If you go to the track A Paxton set up is cool and if you're always on the street you may have more fun with a TVS.

Dalpilot

Established Member
Yeah that color is amazing in the sun. It looks like you can swim in it. I was looking at a dark shadow grey but given the name of the site.....blood red seemed more appropriate.

Thanks for your imput. I started off wanting a Roush stage 2 but have grown to like the look of the centrifugal kits since I can get a polished kit. All the hoses are going to be swapped to braided lines soon.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
great color choice.

just about any power adder will give you more than enough power to blow the engine if you wanted it to, and your going to get tons of people favoring one over the other.

I'm a big proponent of the Paxton / vortech's. They are the best bang for the buck. The least expensive, and some of the biggest power potential.

We also offer Roush and VMP TVS kits.

The TVS blowers will make a little more low end torque, but will be more expensive.

Is there a budget that you are working with, and what are your goals down the road. That should be a factor in your decision.

Dalpilot

Established Member
Honestly, I don't have a budget or and end game. In all honesty I needed a tax write off and the website gives me the ability to build what I want and it offsets the cost. I have been on your site a bunch and have been stalking you. Lol. I like the way you do business and will most likely be calling you at some point.

As far as blowing it up, while I don't want to its not the end of the world. Coming from ultra high performance diesel stuff I have to say this gas stuff is cheap by comparison. If it blows I will build something that won't blow. I have been following and contemplating some of the vendors on this site for a short block.

Which gives me the most ability to grow?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Honestly, I don't have a budget or and end game. In all honesty I needed a tax write off and the website gives me the ability to build what I want and it offsets the cost. I have been on your site a bunch and have been stalking you. Lol. I like the way you do business and will most likely be calling you at some point.

As far as blowing it up, while I don't want to its not the end of the world. Coming from ultra high performance diesel stuff I have to say this gas stuff is cheap by comparison. If it blows I will build something that won't blow. I have been following and contemplating some of the vendors on this site for a short block.

Which gives me the most ability to grow?

The Paxton can make 1000rwhp. For being the least expensive, it does have the most potential of an entry type supercharger kit. The intercooler is good for the same as well. That's why it's such a great kit.

You have to go to a pretty decent sized screw to match that potential, and more $$.

Turbo's obviously can make very good power too. The only kit we offer there is the Armageddon. Very expensive in comparison.

Dalpilot

Established Member
My last build.
Rangerhome.jpg

DerangedtsLaunch.jpg

Newbottle.jpg

2.jpg

Bigtmount.jpg

I am pretty used to blowing stuff up. And as an example of gas vs diesel parts cost, that one rod was 300.00! 2400 for jus the set.....they are number 000001 part number though.
Rod.jpg

Crank2.jpg

And this is what I get to play with during the year.....(I crew, not own)
4c923f73648dcef12425bc4497073b05_zpsb5692c8c.jpg

e74be1ef8c380f4b20a8ac662afb23ae_zps74f17e12.jpg

Had to build a new one after this one. Right into the wall!
a219af63f7d1892bef241d3decf4a191_zpsfd628b7c.jpg

Last edited:

thekanezzi

Established Member
I have a tvs and I love it. I can say that beef is great to work with and has great prices, I cannot recommend him highly enough. I have heard it said that if a vmp tvs isn't enough for you, than you should go turbo.

Good luck and great looking car

CPRsm

We've got a big single for these cars. Have made very good power. Some are starting to trickle to the track. W complete overhauls of the cars and schedules, it's taken some time as you know from experience lol.

Here's one with an 80mm
image-57.jpg

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...inator-cpr-turbo-kit-build-picture-heavy.html
This car just went 10.0@151 on less than 13psi first time out. When the 60ft drop, shifts get lined out and they lock the converter we're hoping for about 155 on the same boost. Had some oil pressure problem so engine is coming out and converter sent back. Only footbrakes to 2k lol

Another customer just went 9's on his stock engine, tranny and rearend. Pulled a 1.38 w our transbrake for the 6R80. Now he just needs to keep the damn nose down lol

If you're looking at a complete build, this kit might be right up your alley. Has a bunch of parts included you might be adding anyways. A lot of them you can see in the second link. Headers, mid pipe, kmember, tubular core support, turbo blanket, fan and lots of other small things. The intercooling is second to none.
Also working on a fuel system that should drop in very easily a priced pretty good for guys looking for more than a stock pump can do, but under 1000rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread