Build date delayed by more than a month....

Erich

Established Member
Original build date was yesterday 29Aug. Checked with the dealer to verify the event. He replied that there was good and bad news. The bad is now it is allegedly going to be built 03Oct and the good news is that it will be delivered 17Oct. Very disappointed.
Erich

Satyr

Established Member
Anything to do with the recent weather problems and getting parts from overseas?

Erich

Established Member
I am trying to find out. I would think flatrock is pretty far from the tropical storm...
Erich

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
There's kind of a perfect storm of things going on that are delaying manufacture of these cars, depending on options.

Look around at Ford lots, you don't see many mustangs period. Not GT's and sixers anyway. You can find GT500's almost all day long.

Keep in mind that there have been changes made to some parts. Most notably the MT82 which have apparently had some updates done to it. There are reports that people with cars in the shop currently are having transmissions taken from the line to fill a replacement need. This is going to effect cars yet to be built.

Add to that some part shortages for engines that is diverting those resources to the F150's as well as supply interruptions related to the Japan tsunami and there you have it.

Users who are viewing this thread