budget return fuel sys/anybody ever installed one?

03ct cobra

Established Member
Like the title says...anyone ever installed one? Id like to put one in my car in the early spring. Although I've always done work on my own cars this one kinda has me a little nervous..most of the anxiety is coming from a wiring standpoint.are the instructions very clear and precise? How hard was it?how long did it take from start to finish? Did u have any problems missing parts of the kit? Sorry,I know its alot. The plumbing part of it doesn't seem too bad as I've done that kind of stuff before...the wiring on the other hand...im not so sure of. Any experiences or comments are welcome..thanks in advance.

03ct cobra

Established Member
Looking forward to seeing how u make out...pics would be cool too. Do the instructions that came with the kit seem to be of a good quality? Or do they seem vague?

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
Do the instructions that came with the kit seem to be of a good quality? Or do they seem vague?
^^seem fairly straight forward. not going to rush, have plenty of time.
and yes, pics to follow!

GodStang

Established Member
Yes many many people have bought the lethal budget fuel system and have had great luck with it. All their setups are nice.

stangy2004

Established Member
Just got mine in the mail this week.Looks sick....After going over the directions and checking out the parts its def a easy install..

03ct cobra

Established Member
Thanks stangy 2004. That makes me feel a little better. Like I said before its not the plumbing that has me concerned but the wiring. As long as the instructions are clear..wire colors th wich other colol...I'm good. Its nice to hear the kit is complete like that...thanks again and looking forward to seeing ur progress.

dsmith26

Established Member
Like the title says...anyone ever installed one? Id like to put one in my car in the early spring. Although I've always done work on my own cars this one kinda has me a little nervous..most of the anxiety is coming from a wiring standpoint.are the instructions very clear and precise? How hard was it?how long did it take from start to finish? Did u have any problems missing parts of the kit? Sorry,I know its alot. The plumbing part of it doesn't seem too bad as I've done that kind of stuff before...the wiring on the other hand...im not so sure of. Any experiences or comments are welcome..thanks in advance.

If you're handy with tools, you can do this. It's very simple to install and the directions are pretty good. Building the regulator is kinda confusing but if you can find a pic from someone else's setup, it's no problem. The wiring directions are good and easy to follow. My kit was missing the power wire but lethal sent one out quickly. Since I had to do it in multiple sessions, hard to say exactly how long it took but I would guesstimate me and a buddy spent 5 or 6 hours on the complete install with me being OCD about everything.

The absolute hardest part is getting the supplied fuel hose on the A/N flares without leaks. Your hands will hurt for a week.

If you have specific questions while doing the install, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll help as much as I can.

cbarile

Established Member
Very easy to install and great kit for the money, I love mine. The only problem is the return line that I got from lethal with my kit let gas fumes permeate and my garage smelt like I poured raw fuel everywhere. I had to buy a new return hose that kept fumes inside hose.

cobracide

Established Member
Very easy to install and great kit for the money, I love mine. The only problem is the return line that I got from lethal with my kit let gas fumes permeate and my garage smelt like I poured raw fuel everywhere. I had to buy a new return hose that kept fumes inside hose.

What kind of return line did you use?

03ct cobra

Established Member
Thanks a lot cbarile..appreciate the heads up. Maybe lethal can upgrade the hose for a fee. Ill find out soon enough. That's a situation id like to avoid right off the bat. I'm looking forward to getting this done as soon as early spring so I'm trying to gather as much info ahead of time before I start this. Thanks again.

cbarile

Established Member
Steel braided and Teflon coated inside. I bought the hose then brought it to a local hose maker and had fitting pressed on to insure no leaks. I am sorry can't remember brand of hose but I did a search on this forum and found it. There were a lot of members using this brand.

Users who are viewing this thread