budget return fuel pressure?

mcallister

Established Member
im installing my budget eturn system today and am not sure what to set the fuel pressure regulator at, any suggestions? im installing 80lb injectors, 2.9 whipple, sct ba 3000, jlt high boost intake, and running 93 pump gas.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
sorry I can't help you with your question (though I hear 40 is a starting point?) but I had a question about the kit, how do you like it? do you think it automatically needs the upgraded fuel line? Looking at getting one by monday.

Any input appreciated!

Thanks and good luck!

TRBO VNM

OP, this is a question for your tuner. I have seen different tuners like to use a different base pressure. So ask your tuner and you should be good to go.

You know the process on how to set it right?

Stagedz, automatically needs upgraded? Nothing automatic about it. It is your decision. Some people have experienced fuel smell weep from the rubber hose. If that is a concern for you, upgrade.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Oh I totally...asked my question wrong...what I meant was are you getting enough flow with the stock line or do you think one should go ahead and upgrade to the 8an line that comes with the more expensive kits?

mcallister

Established Member
i cant really give you an answer yet, i just put the return kit in tonight and waiting for my whipple to get here on wednesday. the install wasnt too bad except the return line is a PITA to get on the fitting on the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel hat. its almost like the hose is just a hair too small to fit over the fittings. im going to be doing a remote tune with john lund since i dont have any tuners at all anywhere near me. i was just looking for a safe base pressure to start it up once im finished. looks like in going to be going with 39psi. thanks to can04cobra for the info.

TRBO VNM

In that case, go with 50. Why? Cause I am good friends with Jon, how he tuned my car and how he wants my current customers cars set.

TRBO VNM

Oh I totally...asked my question wrong...what I meant was are you getting enough flow with the stock line or do you think one should go ahead and upgrade to the 8an line that comes with the more expensive kits?

It depends on the power you plan to make. I supported well over 700rwhp with stock feed line. If you want to upgrade the feed line, it is easy to do later. You will need a filter as well though.

Last edited:

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Can anyone tell a dummy like me why an upgraded feed line needs a filter but the factory one doesn't?

Quick Strike

Established Member
The factory line has a filter, but it has a smaller inlet/outlet diameter then the upgraded lines. Why put in bigger lines if you want to restrict them at the filter?

TRBO VNM

The factory line has a filter, but it has a smaller inlet/outlet diameter then the upgraded lines. Why put in bigger lines if you want to restrict them at the filter?

That and the connections are different between the stock filter and upgraded line.

Ironhand

Banned
I usually go off 40 psi on gas and 50 psi for E-85. That is the starting point and can be moved around. I set my base pressure at 50 psi for E-85 and Ken B. said that was perfect. Since he tuned my car then I'll go with whatever the tuner says.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member

Cool, good to know...thanks for the info...im just gonna run a budget kit for now but I did go ahead and order the 405 pumps so I wont have to replace them in the future. If anyone wants a good deal on some Brand New GSS342's pm me :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread