Broken HB Bolt in the Crankshaft - Next Steps

SRBCitrusCobra17

Established Member
Hello, I actually posted this about a year ago when the issue was discovered after the harmonic balancer had fallen of during a drive (luckily I was on a back country road with no traffic when it happened). The car has been sitting now for 18mos in CO with the exception of a few starts to move it. I just hauled it to AZ and now have it in my garage ready to get it back on the road. The motor runs fine and is built with an Eagle stroker CS, Kenne Bell and other mods. I am hoping to find a good machine shop that can drill out the screw and re tap the bore and not do a full dismantle. Any words of wisdom with this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MG0h3

Established Member
Is so everything I could to get the end of the bolt out. Hammer and chisel. Weld another bolt to it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MG0h3

Established Member
Remember it’s reverse thread. Righty loosey

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SRBCitrusCobra17

Established Member
Yep will probably be pulling the motor, then engine disassembly in the coming weeks. Not sure if I will tackle the engine disassembly. Will know more after I speak with a local machine shop next week. Should be an adventure. Hopefully not too many silly questions.

Users who are viewing this thread