Broken Fog Lights

gotboost03

gotboost?
Established Member
Does any one ever have a problem with the fog light lenses getting busted? For some reason both of my fog lights have been busted because of rocks. Is this happening to any one else. If so what can be done to prevent this?

svt2712

Established Member
happens to me to. just crappy roads around here and i even try to stay back from people. I think that the glass is just not as giving as plastic.:shrug:

cobrasvt77

Established Member
Acrylic plexiglas cut the oval shape or just the round light ,And just use velcro or silicone clear or black.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Yep, I've had my driver's side lamp broken twice. The 2nd time it was broken.. was 24 hours after I had just replaced it from being broken the first time!!

:fm:

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
ive read about this happening a lot, however it has never happened to me.

now one thing that HAS happened with my fog lights more than once, is water getting in there and touching a bulb while they are on/hot and blowing the bulb. that gets annoying after 3 or 4 times..

black 10th vert

Established Member
What about adding some clear 3m protective film to them for protection? Might add a bit of cushion against the impact anyway. Of course, this would only make sense if applying while the glass was new/unpitted as it would look bad putting it on over existing rock chips I would think.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread