Broken Endlinks

Jabooh1

Established Member
A while back I added Steeda heavy duty adjustable end links to my slightly lowered boss. After a while I found that the passenger bottom (that connects to sway bar) threaded portion was out of the middle section. Essentially my sway bar was connected on only one side.

I put it back together and confirmed there was a good portion of threads in the middle section.

Then in last week I noticed the front not as stable. Checked and sure enough the passenger side bottom was out again!

They can't unscrew so my only hypothesis is that they pulled out!

Has as this happened to anyone else? I then put the OEM ones back on.

86Fbody

Established Member
That sucks, IMO this is why I don't use anything Steeda. Whiteline I believe has a stronger endlink, Maximum also looks like they have some very nice ones.

Jabooh1

Established Member
Yeah I have started to remove Steeda parts from my car. All that is left is adj. PHB and HD CC plates. I am hoping that when I install the Koni's this weekend my noise will go away. The bottom portion of the strut threads are smashed in and providing movement in the CC plate I believe.

chao5.0

Established Member
had the same issue with my adjustable endlinks from steeda, when I pulled them I also found the heim joints on one end of each end link to be seized. needless to say they will not be going back on the car and I will find another brand when the time comes for new bars, until then i'll stick with the stock bar and endlinks.

BMR Tech

Sorry to hear Jabooh.

We recently lowered the price on our ELK010 Kit, that comes with Pro Forged Greasable Ball Joints instead of bearings. It has proven to be a great kit, and has been able to withstand our 1144lb/in SB041 front bar on road course applications. (Our SB041 is the stiffest Front Bar on the planet)

Jabooh1

Established Member
Kelly,

I'm in the process of installing Koni sports. Once those are in I will see if the OEM Endlinks are ok. I'm lowered on Steeda Boss springs (for now). May try to talk to you about a BMR spring that would work well with the Koni's. It's a DD that see 3-4 track day sessions a year.

Also need to plan out the fall upgrades. Thinking swaybar, watt's, rear UCA, or anything else.

BMR Tech

Gotcha. Well, I will be here waiting.

As for the Springs, the SP065 Handling Springs are amazing. I developed them around the Koni Yellows, just an FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread