British Review of the GT500

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hicompression said:
Click Me For Video
Those bloody wankers!

I like how the Limey has a friggin' grin on his lime sucking face from ear to ear, while he's having the time of his life driving the car, as he tells you about it's shortcomings!:lol: :lol: :lol: :loser:

Pretty cool otherwise!! :thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

bubbrubb

that looked pretty sweet sliding around those turns like that. it must have been really really hard to do that with the 'terrible suspension' in the car.

anybody else think that is kinda dumb to show video of him with complete control of the car and whipping it around turns, then to say it is da sux at teh turnz, all with a shit eating grin plastered to his face? He also needs to GTFO of the rev limiter before he wants to claim himself as some sort of expert

BTW, those tail lights sucked. Would have been way better handling car with the USDM tails for sure :D

edit: apparently, if you want your GT500 to be a fire breathing monster, all you need is a stiffer diff. lol, and we though that Evolution was on the fast track to success! this guy is a jackass with a camera beating on a car with some commentary, nothing more nothing less IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

John and Renae

Established Member
Yeah...Got to admit, he looked like he was sure having a lot of fun driving that cheap, crappy handling Mustang...

good tire smoking video though...looked like a lot of fun...

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
Typical British.......Although the car :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

O also i dont think the interior is crap

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Yeah, looked like he was enjoying it for sure. Unfortunately, the Brits just don't appreciate torque the way us Yanks do. ......same goes for toothpaste.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Rick James said:
Yeah, looked like he was enjoying it for sure. Unfortunately, the Brits just don't appreciate torque the way us Yanks do. ......same goes for toothpaste.

Along with deodorant and hygiene!! :lol:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hicompression said:
You've got that wrong! It's not the Brits, its the damn Frenchies and Krauts that stink!

Correct you are! French are the worst! But the Brits (not all) are not far behind!;-)

chuckstang

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I thought you said you were going to be buying an '08 450 hp Corvette!?!?! ;-) :poke: :shrug:

I know you would agree that paying over sticker for the gt500 is too much and when you can buy a new vette for under msrp, it is a no brainer.
Don't worry, I will post back in a year or so when I have my brand new gt500 for less than msrp. And for some strange reason, prices did not drop, I will report back about how bad ass my new vette is :rockon:
who cares who makes it long as its america!

SteveEvo8

Established Member
Awesome vid. We all know how these 5th gear and Top Gear reviews end, atleast for the american cars... Usually they are not the most favorite out of the cars they drive.

However with that said, they do drive a lot of awesome cars; Ferrari, lambo, porsche, zondas, nobles and the list goes on. So i think their perspective is quite skewed, I think it would be very hard to judge a GT500 after driving those kind of cars.

Also i don't think the interior is crap either, looked good when i saw it. Also i did not sit in it.

Steve

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
Hicompression said:
You've got that wrong! It's not the Brits, its the damn Frenchies and Krauts that stink!

They're all a bunch of helmet lickers.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
It all comes down to this...do you want a car that goes like hell in the 1/4 miles and handles and brakes pretty well (ie the gt500) or do you want a car than handles really well and does OK in the 1/4 mile (ie bmw M3, M coupe) for about the same price. I like to go fast, so I choose #1. I road in a lotus exige, and while it was fun to take a 30 mph turn at 90 and not feel as though you're pushing it...when there was a straight away, it was like riding in a focus.

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
It all comes down to this...do you want a car that goes like hell in the 1/4 miles and handles and brakes pretty well (ie the gt500) or do you want a car than handles really well and does OK in the 1/4 mile (ie bmw M3, M coupe) for about the same price. I like to go fast, so I choose #1. I road in a lotus exige, and while it was fun to take a 30 mph turn at 90 and not feel as though you're pushing it...when there was a straight away, it was like riding in a focus.
I'm with you Dave, I aint drivin no Focus - I want a Laser Guided Smart Bomb or a beefed up Tamahawk Cruise Missle!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread