Bringing SVTP arachnophobia to a new level

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
NLDqNFB.gif

ThomasL

Established Member
To branch off....what's worse: a house with one of these hiding in it or the missouri house with the brown recluse infestation??

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I'll take one house with a big ass spider over another with thousands of little poisonous spiders. .45ACP should do the trick on the big one. Maybe 8mm Mauser lol

Ponyracer1

Established Member
Could have gone my ENTIRE life without knowing those are out there.

I LOL'd when reading this: This big, hairy bowl of wrong

That's def quote worthy!

svtshadow

Banned
I did not understand the part where he said something along the lines of " It rubbed its belly and attacked me with hairy smoke that made me cry for days..."

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Apparently that is a defense mechanism. It can produce an irritating "gas" by rubbing the hairs. Maybe it has some some of gland in that area that can be stimulated to give up the gas. ??

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Apparently that is a defense mechanism. It can produce an irritating "gas" by rubbing the hairs. Maybe it has some some of gland in that area that can be stimulated to give up the gas. ??

My wife may think you are talking about me if she read this.

blinelaxd27

Established Member
Ebola isn't looking so bad now.

Instead of people being screened for that please check all their luggage for these things... you know what forget it, burn all luggage coming from there.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member

Iirc several species of spiders, like many tarantulas will rub the fine, spiny hairs off of their abdomen. The hairs then become airborne where they irritate the spiders potential predators eyes, noise, mouth, throat etc.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
This isn't exactly new... they had one at the Smithsonian museum when I was a kid. It's called a goliath bird-eating tarantula and it's probably what made me terrified of spiders to this day. I think it was about the size of my 8 year old head.

Users who are viewing this thread