Bringing gold to the US from Central America (Honduras)

]sVt[Po|son

Established Member
Anyone know what legal forms are needed to do this legally?

I have a brother here who has a gold dredge and is getting a good amount of gold that I would like to take back with me.

If you know anything about this then thanks in advance beer

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Take it to Alaska a sell it there. More gravity = more weight = more money.
Back in the gold rush they found out this nifty trick when they would ship the gold from Alaska to CA. They thought people were taking some of the gold during the trip.

wrksnfx

FordTrucksDaRestJustSuck
Established Member
Take it to Alaska a sell it there. More gravity = more weight = more money.
Back in the gold rush they found out this nifty trick when they would ship the gold from Alaska to CA. They thought people were taking some of the gold during the trip.
I think he means the legality of it.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I assume you'll have to claim it when entering the States and potentially pay taxes on it. The legal way of course.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Gold is a monetary instrument, and if you bring in more than $10,000 you'll need to file a Currency Reporting Form:
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/money.xml

I found this info. Gold coins, medals, and bullion, formerly prohibited, may be brought into the United States. However, under
regulations administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control, such items originating in or brought from Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Serbia, and Sudan are prohibited entry. Copies of gold coins are prohibited if not properly marked by country of issuance.

Users who are viewing this thread