Brights flash with left blinker.....

jdsupertinter

Established Member
Or when I use brights, the left blinker comes on with em.
So far I've tried......
Removing old Alpine alarm system, cutting each wire from where it's tied in, taping it up, reconnected the starter wire.... nope
Removed the switch from the steering column, ran power straight to plug, still does it, so it's after the plug.....
Read something about a plug under the battery tray getting corroded, no plug there, looks fine under there.

Any ideas? The fender on that side is crooked and obviously been repainted, is there something they could have done? Appreciate it as always JD

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jdsupertinter

Established Member
So I replaced the light switch (long shot), but no go..... gonna pull fender and bumper and hopefully it's obvious

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jdsupertinter

Established Member
Yeah, took out multi switch, ran 12 volts straight into plug, still does it, so it's after the plug.
I was gonna take off fender and bumper and try and disconnect the harness and run power to it there, if that's possible, to see if it's a front end problem or interior problem.

jdsupertinter

Established Member
Does anybody know which plug has the lights, and by chance, which pins?? This is the drivers side inside fender, by the door.
One is through the fire wall, which is where I think all the wires come through but the plug in front above has what looks like the proper wire colors, I'm wonder if the lights go through both plugs.
I know this a bit technical, if someone has the factory manual, might know. Figured I'd ask.
IMG_0284.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

52merc

Established Member
Don't know if your car would be the same as an 01. For MY01 the headlamps go through connector C105 which is located where you describe. This is a 24-Pin black connector with all pins connected to wires.

Pin 9 is Circuit 1055, Lo Beam (WH/LG)
Pin 15 is Circuit 15, Hi Beam (LG/BK)
Pin 17 is Circuit 196, Head Lamp Power (DB/OR)
Pin 18 is Circuit 195, Park Lamp Power (TN/WH)

The other pins are for DRL (if equipped), ABS, Rear Window Defroster, Ignition Switch, Convertible Top, Power Point, Power Seat, Speed Control Servo, and Fog Lamp Relay.

52merc

Established Member
I agree, thanks for posting your find. Nothing worse than trying to help someone and learn from their heartache, then never finding out what the solution was. So, had the IC been out of the car lately or do you think it was damaged from the factory and just showed up now?

jdsupertinter

Established Member
I just bought the car a month or so ago. Was like this when I got it. I think someone was trying to fix fuel gauge issue and mugged it up.
I had to peel back a couple terminals and re flatten them down to circuit gel pad.

Users who are viewing this thread