Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport

Go Down South

Established Member
Looking into tires for my cobra since my currents are shot. I'm not trying to spend an astronomical amount and these seem like they'd be a good tire. I don't race the car or anything, mainly just take it out here and there on nice days and to dick around with my buddies on weekends.

Does anyone run these? I've got 265/35r18 and 295/35r18 sitting in my cart on discount tire's site and wanted to see what people thought of them before I spend 800+ bucks.

Woody6799

Established Member
When I looked into tires these came up pretty short on the reviews I found. I ended up opting for a 255/295 invo set up. Lots of good info on the Invo's. I haven't driven on them yet, my car is still down for winter.

Kennedy

Established Member
I just put my second set of RE760s on my Cobra. I really like them as a summer tire. They wear a little quick, so be sure to rotate them to get the most wear. I think they are 131 each in 245/45 17 on tirerack. Good luck!

Bigggy

Established Member
In most of the comparison reviews like car and driver did, the 760 came in front of the BFG KDW2. I ran 2 years on KDW and traction was pretty good, downside being the sidewall that may be to soft which should be better with the RE760. OP I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, seen the RE760 and it's tempting for the price, at least for the front. On the other hand I also checked the Michelin PSS which is more money but more tire also.

I know some people that ran the RE760 on FWD cars and they liked it but was saying that traction may be an issue, but again a 280-300whp FWD with 225 tires should have a lack of traction.

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
I have those tires, they are good for cornering and driving in wet conditions. They do not hook up though, pulleyed second was iffy, with a TVS second is useless. I am planing on drag radials for the rear soon, but my allowance is pretty small these days.

Bigggy

Established Member
I have those tires, they are good for cornering and driving in wet conditions. They do not hook up though, pulleyed second was iffy, with a TVS second is useless. I am planing on drag radials for the rear soon, but my allowance is pretty small these days.

with 295 in the back i guess? That is my concern also, traction with all that instant torque.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I have been running them for years 275/40/17 on the stock rims. I used to run them just in the front with hoosier drag radials in the rear, but it was getting too expensive for daily driving so I bought them for the rears too. you wont get optimal traction for your stoplight drag races, but overall I think they are a very good tire.

Go Down South

Established Member
Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'll go with these up front but will look for something that hooks better for the rears. Maybe I'll go with the R888s.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'll go with these up front but will look for something that hooks better for the rears. Maybe I'll go with the R888s.

I used to run the 760s 265/40/17 up front with the Proxes TQ 315/35/17 in the back (drag radial). Pretty nice all around, a little twitchy on the highway in the rain and could feel the softer side wall in harder turns. Had T1R upfront one time with the TQ out back I liked the 760s better. Ran an old set of 760 fronts out back on a set of bullits for the winter once, they were ok but not the grippiest in 1-2 if you wanted to mash it from a light.

Right now I have R888s all around I think 255 or 265 up front have to check and 315 out back. Absolutely love them hook up like a dream in the summer can hook first with proper soft clutch engagement and power into second. It's a bit overkill having them in the front handling is crazy though and you can brake harder but the edges wear pretty quick (probably cause they make you wanna push it in turns). Im on pretty stiff coilovers so keep that in mind, helps handling but not the greatest for launching, still hook though. When it's warm they have great wet weather traction but I'm used to a DR so hard to compare, you can use the gas and doesn't keep you butt clenched on the highway waiting for it to randomly kick out. For the bad, anything under 50° and they suck, cant keep heat in them. Had them on this winter can could roll into the gas in 3rd at 30 and spin all day. They are not ment for all season and shouldn't be used for winter.

Just my review since I've had most of what you were asking about. Also I daily drove it up untill this year so every tire has seen every condition even caught in the random freak snow flurry (NOT RECOMMENDED ON R888s). I live on Long Island so we get a wide range of temp and conditions.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Good tires but like said, they don't hook in cooler temps. I had the exact setup on my FR500's and switched out the rears for Hoosier 315s last year.

Users who are viewing this thread