Brembos and Speedbleeders?

bullet3z

Established Member
In another thread about stainless brake lines a member posted that he also installed the Speed bleeders to his calipers. Has anyone else added the Bleeders to their Brembo calipers? If so, how many bleeders are there on the front calipers? What brand and part numbers did you use? Some Brembos have two bleeders per caliper. Before I order these I want to make sure that I get the correct ones and enough to change them all the way around the car. This will help with the switch over to stainless lines.

The problem that I have found is that NO ONE shows any bleeder part numbers past 2010 model years nor do they show anything for the Bermbo cars.

I called Speed Bleeders and this is what they suggested.
Speed Bleeders list their part numbers as,
Fronts SB1010
Rears SB1010S

Short bleeders on the rear brakes and standard length on the fronts.
The thread and the length are both factors in getting the correct bleeder.

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
In another thread about stainless brake lines a member posted that he also installed the Speed bleeders to his calipers. Has anyone else added the Bleeders to their Brembo calipers? If so, how many bleeders are there on the front calipers? What brand and part numbers did you use? Some Brembos have two bleeders per caliper. Before I order these I want to make sure that I get the correct ones and enough to change them all the way around the car. This will help with the switch over to stainless lines.

The problem that I have found is that NO ONE shows any bleeder part numbers past 2010 model years nor do they show anything for the Bermbo cars.

I called Speed Bleeders and this is what they suggested.
Speed Bleeders list their part numbers as,
Fronts SB1010
Rears SB1010S

Short bleeders on the rear brakes and standard length on the fronts.
The thread and the length are both factors in getting the correct bleeder.

I put the speed bleeders on my Brembos and rear calipers. Yes, there are 2 bleeders on each of the Brembo calipers.
Once I get home from work I can post what brand and part numbers they are. All I know off the top of my head is I bought them from eBay

bullet3z

Established Member
Russell Performance 639630 Speed Bleeders 10mm x 1.0 Thread, need 6 ea, four for the front and two for the rear.

Speedbleeders themselves suggested that the fronts are standard length and the rear are shorter. Did you notice any size difference when you removed yours? The size difference comes into play when installing the bleeder. If it calls for the shorter one then the longer will not thread in a seat the way it is meant to.

Here are the measurements for the ones they suggest.
SB1010S # M10 X 1.0 1.23, (31.35)
SB1010 # M10 X 1.0 1.35, (34.44)

Here is the info for your part numbers.
Brand: Russell Performance
Manufacturer's Part Number: 639630
Part Type: Brake Bleeders
Product Line: Russell Speed Bleeders
Summit Racing Part Number: RUS-639630
UPC: 087133904481
Thread Size: 10mm x 1.0
Overall Length (mm): 33.00mm
Quantity: Sold as a pair.

The funny thing is. When I called Edelbrock owners of "Russell Performance" they told me that they do not list any bleeders for our Brembos or any Mustang past 2010.

Last edited:

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
Those are the numbers I think I used on my Track Pack car. I have bought a bunch of those since my last couple cars have had Brembo brakes. On parts like that, you need to use a lot of cross referencing to figure out the part numbers since it seems the parts manufacturers don't update their cataloging often.

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
The ones speced for the rear according to AM or LRS where longer than the ones I took out. The ones speced for the front matched the ones took out, so I bought 2 more.

syclone50

Established Member
I have thought about these in the past but never used them. Do they really make bleeding your brakes that easy. Are they worth it?

bullet3z

Established Member
Those are the numbers I think I used on my Track Pack car. I have bought a bunch of those since my last couple cars have had Brembo brakes. On parts like that, you need to use a lot of cross referencing to figure out the part numbers since it seems the parts manufacturers don't update their cataloging often.

Which numbers are you referring to? This is a pain to find the right part numbers. I just want to make sure the I get the right length.

bullet3z

Established Member
The ones speced for the rear according to AM or LRS where longer than the ones I took out. The ones speced for the front matched the ones took out, so I bought 2 more.

So where the fronts and the rears the same length? I take it that all 6, which would be the 2 for each side in the front and the 2 for the rear are all the shorter length bleeders?

Thanks for all the help everyone. This info is hard to find for such a small relatively cheap part.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
I want to say I used the 639560 on the rear and 639630 on the front.

I usually take pictures, but this time I failed miserably. There are all I have

IMG_2203_zps14287465.jpg

IMG_5975_zps18e352ce.jpg

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Bumping this because I installed speed bleeders on a stop tech brake kit about a week ago.

These are one of the best things you could buy if you bleed your brakes a lot. I think every brake system should have these and I went out and bought 6 of them for my own personal car.

These are worth every penny you spend on them. Bleeding is extremely easy to do with these and it truly is hassle free.

Users who are viewing this thread