Brembo pkge available for Auto trans?-Yes or NO?

fangstang

Established Member
Theres a small debate about whether or no the auto tranny 2011 GT can be ordered with the Brembo pkge. Does anyone know for sure if you can or not?

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
I sure hope so if not ford is gay,1st no "track pack" then 3.73 gears only on the manual cars and now no brembos? I wil be real pissed I wanted to buy an auto 2011,but now gotta put in the gears and brakes aftermarket, which sux, that was the whole selling point on the 2011 gt they finally had it all stock it would be a perfect new daily driver just slap some bolt on intake exaust/ springs and tire and ur u were set/ :(

fangstang

Established Member
are you sure or just speculating? I dont see why they'd leave the auto guys out.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
are you sure or just speculating? I dont see why they'd leave the auto guys out.

I do. They don't need it. People generally don't open track or road race with autos. Unless the are SMGs or something like that, that Ford doesn't have.

Did you see the difference in cold stopping difference between Brembo and the normal GT?
I can't remember what it was but it wasn't much.
The main advantage that the Brembo package brings is excellent stopping after the 20th 140 to 30 stop!

steeltoe

Established Member
I just looked at the 2011 order guide. Gears are Coupe 6MT option only and the Brembo are a 6MT option only.

fangstang

Established Member
terrible move by Ford. Watch, they'll make it an option for either the later part of the production year or for 2012.

fangstang

Established Member
why? because they'll lose a sale or two to the posers?

No, because its should be an option for the autos too. I'm sure they'll eventually make it an option. I really like those wheels with the Brembo pkge.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
No, because its should be an option for the autos too. I'm sure they'll eventually make it an option. I really like those wheels with the Brembo pkge.
"beacuse it should be"? really, that's the best justification you have?
I think the gears should have been an option on all GTs but I don't think it would be hard to get a dealer to install a set of FRPP gears for the price of the option.
the gear problem is that the auto has different ratios than the manual, so they would need a completely different set of gears for it. this is even more of an expense for the manufacturer(having to order 1 shipment each of 2 different items is more expensive than a double shipment of the same item[bulk pricing]) for an option that the vast majority won't care about. it's like offering 3 or 4 gear choices for the V6, it's just wasted money for ford that only a few will really benefit from.

Users who are viewing this thread