Brembo blanks. Hard to find? I keep trashing rotors

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
I am having a hard time finding Brembo blank rotors. Are they discontinued? All I find is their cross drilled and slotted ones.

If they are discontinued, what is everyone running? I ran cheapo O'Reilly rotors and they cracked after 2.5 track days.
a693743a-fdd9-9629.jpg

Does anyone run fans? I have a pair of NASCAR brake fans off a Joe Gibbs cup car that I think I'm going to try out. I have to solve this issue. I got them for free, so I'm not out anything giving them a shot. This is a big headache while at the track.
a693743a-fe5d-a0a9.jpg

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Awaiting responses. Tire Rack recently told me that the blanks were a "discontinued part"

ESP Cobra

Established Member
What pads are you running?

Currently I'm running Raybestos/Napa premium rotors. I just used up the Ferodo DS2500's pads that were up front. Now running Hawk HP+ that I had as spares till I decide between a better Hawk or Carbotech.

Off topic but, noticed your engine numbers. Nice, especially the torque. That still with B-heads? Engine mods? Those figures SAE, Dynojet?

Thanks,

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
Here is my experience. With just cooling ducts i would still crack the rotors eventually. I tried just brake ducts fans, worked better on track but had to do some cooling off in the pits or the fluid would boil in the lines even with a cool down lap. I then had cooling ducts and fans seemed to work the best. The temp difference with and without fans were 100* cooler with ducts. The brakes rotor wear went down as did the pads wear. The problem was the mounting of the fans on the a-arms cracked the housing over time. I now have two sets of brake cooling ducts but haven't been able to test them yet.

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
I currently run Carbotech RP2 compound. Great pads. Lasted about 5 weekends. Car also has brake ducts for the front with homemade backing plates that direct air to the center of the rotor. My plan was to put the fans in line with the ducting. I am going to put them at the opening of the ducts and use the fog light wiring to power them.

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
ESP cobra: the car made that power with just exhaust mods. Long tubes xpipe etc. It was on a superflow dyno, which I'm told is similar to a mustang dyno. I don't know how accurate it was though. Car ran a 13.3 in the same form.

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
Im hoping someone speaks up. I need some direction here. I just had those rotors warrantied. So I have new rotors, but I'd like to keep those as spares.

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
Subscribing, My OE Brembo's on my fox conversion kit don't have much longer to live and would like to get some blanks. I hate cross drilled stuff. Seems like it fails more than blanks.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Call Coleman Racing, they make 13" rotor blanks for our cars. Then call Todd @ TCE and get some hats. I turned the damn hats bronze this past weekend because the brakes got so hot, the white BREMBO lettering is now a dark tan on my calipers. Rotors are still fine. I run 4" ducts on my race car, with super DOT4 fluid and Carbotech RP2 pads.

You wont **** a set of these rotors up open tracking. They cost more but I dont take spares rotors with me because I know these will take the punishment.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
ok. slotted brembo rotors are better than blanks. the race two piece rotors that brembo and pfc and stoptech sell are all slotted.

two piece rotors move heat better. you might consider an upgrade to two piece.

i am racing. those sessions are longer than de sessions. i dont need blowers on my brakes even at cmp. good ducts, two piece slotted rotors and cobalt friction brake pads

Users who are viewing this thread