Brembo 19x10 wheel from AM

StangKris302

Established Member
Looking at buying a rear set of 19x10 Track Pack style wheels from American Muscle so I can keep the car stock looking and fit a good drag radial under the car. Problem is they are black, and I want them to match the stock color. Anyone have a paint code or procedure to get them to the correct finish? And a price of painting them?

PhantomX

Established Member
You can have them powered coated for about $100 a wheel, painted usually about $150 a wheel. They'll have to paint match them any good painter can do it.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Looking at buying a rear set of 19x10 Track Pack style wheels from American Muscle so I can keep the car stock looking and fit a good drag radial under the car. Problem is they are black, and I want them to match the stock color. Anyone have a paint code or procedure to get them to the correct finish? And a price of painting them?

You can have them powered coated for about $100 a wheel, painted usually about $150 a wheel. They'll have to paint match them any good painter can do it.

Hey-That's a good question and I unfortunately don't have the paint code here but we've seen customers do this in the past. I've even seen rates lower than what Phantom has said but do some solid homework on the shop that's doing the work and definitely get a couple estimates.

I can see you just hit your 50 post mark as well so if you don't have our forums discount code shoot a PM and we'll get you set up!

Alex

Mustangfresk196

Established Member
Im in the same boat. If these came in the stock color id order two right now.

Apparently they are a three stage paint. After looking around color code M7205-W is said to be close but not a perfect match.

From another site: FYI: It's a 3-step paint process, so there's not just one paint code. First the wheel gets painted gloss black, then the "nickel" silver translucent coat is applied, and finally a gloss clear coat is applied.

Last edited:

Tyler72

Established Member
They don't make a Laguna seca replica wheel either that matches stock. You can only get solid colors. I wish I could get the bi-tone wheels that matched 2013 Laguna Seca wheels, as I'd buy 4 19x10s right now.

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Same here. Stock colors please. Black is getting old and doesn't show the wheel style well imo.

Slowb00st

Established Member
They don't make a Laguna seca replica wheel either that matches stock. You can only get solid colors. I wish I could get the bi-tone wheels that matched 2013 Laguna Seca wheels, as I'd buy 4 19x10s right now.

The lagunas i have seen are bi-tone but only machined/black on the 19x10s, also frpp ones are cheap at 200 so no need for reps. But yeah wish they had them in machined/charcoal.

Last edited:

terminal5

Established Member
I too would love to run these Brembo replicas if matched to the colour of the original 9" on the front.

I asked about this at a specialty wheel repair shop and they told me the original wheels are painted with what they called "ghost chrome" and that they also couldn't guarantee a match. I wouldn't trust them with the painting after that. Ford calls it "Dark Stainless", surely there's a code for it.

Anyone tried their Ford dealer? What happens if you scratch a factory wheel, shouldn't their body shop be able to respray and get a match?

I've also heard that these AM replica wheels don't accept the factory center cap. Can anyone confirm that?

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
If you just want wider in the back why not just send your stock rims out to be widened? Than you don't have to worry about paint matching. Just my opinion

StangKris302

Established Member
If you just want wider in the back why not just send your stock rims out to be widened? Than you don't have to worry about paint matching. Just my opinion

I don't trust cutting them and re welding them. Plus to get them looking good you still have to have them reprinted somewhat where it gets welded and ground smooth.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I don't trust cutting them and re welding them. Plus to get them looking good you still have to have them reprinted somewhat where it gets welded and ground smooth.

If I had a Brembo car, I'd have the wheels widened to 10.5". I widened my 9.5's to 11" for the rear & narrowed to 7" for the front. They balanced great and you can barley see the welds on the car. you have to get down low & look. No repainting, & no grinding of any welds...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,418
Last edited:

StangKris302

Established Member
If I had a Brembo car, I'd have the wheels widened to 10.5". I widened my 9.5's to 11" for the rear & narrowed to 7" for the front. They balanced great and you can barley see the welds on the car. you have to get down low & look. No repainting, & no grinding of any welds...
How much did it cost you to have the rear widened? I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I'd want them ground smooth and repainted even though it's only noticeable if you are looking for it.

kbmag1

Established Member
Scott8583, who did you have widened yours? How much, how long? I spoke with Weldcraft in Plymouth or Canton (in that general area) MI and they will widened wheels. Believe the barrals are painted black. I'd only polish the weld seam as I would not want to remove to much of the weld away. 1 to 3 weeks, 250ish plus shipping.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Weldcraft is who did mine... that price sounds right, they cut me a little deal because I had 4 rims done. I'm very happy with them.

It took them 5 weeks, but it was bad timing on my part. I waited till the end of winter and they were swamped with pot hole repair wheels. last winter was a crazy year for MI pot holes.

I like the sleeper look, I'm running 315's.... Brembo's would look bad ass!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,313
Last edited:

terminal5

Established Member
Yeah, these new Charcoal wheels look closer, would probably be decent enough if you ordered the AM fronts to match.

I ended up getting the AM 10s and having them paint matched by a wheel repair chain outfit. Went to a Ford dealer body shop first for a quote or at least a paint code and they put me on to these guys.

They matched it up without a code and it came out perfect. Now I've got 295/35s out back. I didn't put them on a scale, but these AM 10" wheels feel noticeably lighter than the Ford 9" ones. Balanced up fine too.

Confirmed that they don't accept the factory center cap, but it's close enough I just RTVed them in. Don't see them flying out any time soon.

IMG_2040_zpsx5vsuspz.jpg[IMG]

Attachments

• IMG_2040_zpsx5vsuspz.jpg
    IMG_2040_zpsx5vsuspz.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 1,258

SL0W5.0

Established Member
this is my problem with these 19x10 brembo wheel reps from AM. They are 30mm offset vs the stock 42mm. so they will poke out more, and since most guys wo will buy this will mount meaty tires on them i can see this being an issue for those with lowered cars. i ended up going with the 19x10 amr beause they hve a 48mm offset which leaves them exactly the same as the stock wheels. AMterminal5, how do they fit? do you have any side pics of them on the car??
cQwiBBp.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread