Breaking half shafts

97V8SHO

F-22 Crew Chief
Established Member
Yes they increase the road noise a little bit...go the fulltiltboogieracing.com that's Bruce's AKA AC427Cobra web site and he is the one who makes them. Tons of info, pics, and vids that website to fill your head with all kinds of knowledge. :beer:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
You don't have anything to worry about. You said you're not going to be launching with slicks ever.

Ironically enough, the IRS is the only component of my drivetrain that I haven't had any big problems with, and it's the only part of the drivetrain that's completely stock. And it's seen some nasty burnouts and launches with over 510 to the wheels.

I guess I'm just afraid that if I mess with it, (or some shop messes with it), it'll all go to hell.

If you decide to upgrade parts of the IRS, I think the halfshafts are a good idea, but should be lower on your list of priorities because you said you're not launching on slicks. Before getting halfshafts, get a full set of bushings, IRS brace, shocks, springs, aftermarket differential cover, etc. Unlike the halfshafts, all the other parts have the added benefit of giving the car better handling in addition to reducing wheelhop (which is what breaks halfshafts).

If you can afford a set of 03 halfshafts or aftermarket ones after you have upgraded the other parts first, then go for it. But I think you'll get a better bang for your buck elsewhere.

Homer

02SVTV6

Established Member
Upgraded SRA > Upgraded IRS

Cheaper Stronger > More Expensive Less Reliable

Ride Quality SRA < IRS Looks and Ride

Weight Saving SRA > Tank IRS

Users who are viewing this thread