Break In Procedure - 5 Miles New

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Please don't hate on me for having fun right off the truck. To each his/her own. This car exceeds all expectations in every way and I have owned more cars than you can imagine.........Steve

[video]https://youtu.be/bY6u8Qu14ok[/video]

Last edited:

mike.s

Established Member
Please don't hate on me for having fun right off the truck. To each his/her own. This car exceeds all expectations in every way and I have owned more cars than you can imagine.........Steve

[video]https://youtu.be/bY6u8Qu14ok[/video]

if I was gonna hate on you it would be for not getting the track pack... just messing with you, beautiful car and proper break in!! congrats

65sohc

Established Member
Is there a proper way to break it in

Ten or so years ago Car and Driver ran an article addressing this issue. To answer the question GM took three Corvettes. On one they just drove it normally from day one. The second one they drove very easily and carefully for the first thousand miles. The third car they drove the shit out of (once all fluids were up to temp, of course). After 50,000 they ran each one on a dyno and then tore the engines down. There was no difference in oil consumption, power production, or engine wear among the three vehicles. Their conclusion: the type of break in made no difference.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
How does it compare to the 430?

The GT350 is remarkable in that based on the mode you are in it is very good for cruising but put it in sport or track and it is off the hook good.

The sound of the stock exhaust (video is stock) in sport mode is truly intoxicating only eclipsed by my F430.

You live for the motor, it is so well done and you can feel how special it is as you can just keep on going all the way up well beyond what most people are used to. The fun is in the higher RPM range. It is fast and so planted.

The Ferrari motor is still better, as it revs even faster to red line then the GT350 and the sound cannot be compared. Of course you cannot compare the interiors of the car as the Ferrari is all leather and carbon fiber and the smell is to die for.

The GT350 has a great soul as does the Ferrari and that is what attracted me to it. The F430 is old technology now, so the GT350 has come a long way from there. I will own a Ferrari again, but the GT350 really gets the heart going.

The GT350 is a truly spectacular car and anyone who gets one is truly privileged.

I know I am........Steve

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Thanks for the review. Interesting notes on the motor. With the new handling tech it will fun to see your review comparing how they both ride and handle. Enjoy your beast!!

liter of cola

Established Member
Well i wouldnt recomend breaking in the car like this, as his car literally dies like the next day. :uh oh: hopefully ford doesnt take away the warrenty.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
If you read the other thread you would know that one has nothing to do with the other. A loose bolt is a loose bolt and it will ultimately fall out no matter what you do. Ford had no issue what so ever with the warrantee of the car as it read no codes at all from the ECU and it was not modded or over revved.

Essentially if you mod it or over rev it via the money shift, then there is no question as to that your warrantee will be honored.

I also talked with them about how to use the car and the rep said that the car is meant to be driven hard.......Please do a little thinking before you pass judgment.......Steve

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread