Brazilian steakhouses

bam

Established Member
Who's been to one? I went to my Rioz at Myrtle Beach on vacation a couple weeks ago... bar-none, best meal I've ever eaten.

For anyone unfamiliar with the concept/style of eating, the idea boils down to:
-Godly salad bar, where you will eat too much, given the coming meat onslaught.
-Cards by your place at the table, one side of which means 'bring meat,' while other means 'I'm eating, no more meat', or 'I'm dying, no more meat.'
-Servers see your 'bring meat' card and visit your table with skewers of meat. (Rioz boasted 15 different kinds/cuts, though I only saw about 10.)
-Servers see your 'I'm dying card' and convince you that you need more.

The food was excellent, including dessert, and the atmosphere was appropriately subdued, the type of distraction-free environment ideal for eating unholy amounts of dead animal. I unequivocally recommend that anyone who has the time, money and motivation to go check one out.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
There's a Texas De Brazil literally across the road from me, but I've never been...... always heard it's real good though. Seems like some place I'd only go with a group, due to the $$$$$$$. That, and I don't eat a lot at one time, so it'd be a waste for me like buffets are.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Just one question. How much does one dinner cost at one of these places?????????

I went to one in Miami and it was great! Never ate so much meat in my life. Paid about $30.00 for the all you can eat deal and they had a great salad bar.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Samba at the Mirage in Vegas is pretty good when I'm out there.

Bring your appetite :beer:

Mjavant1985

Figgy (Cam) Newton
Established Member
Leblon Steakhouse in Greensboro, NC was great when i went a few months back. Saw about 16 different kinds of meat, and ate til i nearly died. All for around $30 a person ain't that bad.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Rioz is great, but I think it is running about $50 per person now.

damn sounds like Korean BBQ that they had in Japan, aboutthe same price if not more...wayyy too much for a meal shit i'd rather hit Pappadeauxs and get steak and lobster :beer::rockon:

Driver500

Established Member
The Texas de brazil in town sends monthly specials if you sign up for them. Buy one get one free, up to 6 people for 29$ per, all kinds of stuff.

It makes the rotation every 2-3 months. But like others said. Bring your appetite.

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
fogo de chao i believe was around 35 for lunch and up to 50 for dinner..

i've actually been to a few in brazil. (niterio, rio, and sau paulo) Barbacoa's was the best. the ones in the us can't hold a candle to that shit in brazil.

Users who are viewing this thread