Brawl In Cell Block 99 - Vince Vaughn smashing skulls!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Watched it last night. It is beyond graphic to say the least but it reminded me of Old Boy with Josh Brolin in a lot of ways. If you want a movie with a ****ed up and disturbing twist then watch Old Boy.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Love Vince but never seen him do anything other than comedy. Imma check these movies out. Thanks fellas!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Vaughn was in Psycho (1998) with Anne Heche and played an asshole / creep in Domestic Disturbance (2001) with John Travolta. Don't forget he was also in Hacksaw Ridge. I have not seen his True Detective shows yet. Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey were great in those! I think these serious roles suits Vaughn better than comedy. I really don't see Will Ferrell pulling it off though ;)

he played a pretty bad dude in Clay Pidgeons as well

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Omg Lianette Borego is so ****ing hot.

giphy.gif

scott_0

Established Member
it's a real stretch to say it's a good movie lol, but it is entertaining none the less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
it's a real stretch to say it's a good movie lol, but it is entertaining none the less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? Is anything Hollywood puts out worth a ****? I thought the final head stomping with the head ending up in the toilet hole, was worth it he price of admission. Old plot, masculine interpretation.

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
My thoughts are simple... It was a good movie
Vince was unlike any character I thought he could play. Yes, the arch of the story wasn't too hard to figure out but two things made up for it
1) The most creative fight scenes I can recall... And I've seen most of em. And, when I say creative, I mean they portray him as the most unique fighter I've seen. He's not John Wick, Sly, Arnold, VanDam, Jet Li, The Rock, etc. I would love to say what I perceive him to be but I don't want to spoil it. As a no spoiler comment, I'll just say they somehow magnificently managed to make him uniquely brilliant at what and how he does
2) Read the last 5 words from above...

Sent from that shiny thing in my hands

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
My thoughts are simple... It was a good movie
Vince was unlike any character I thought he could play. Yes, the arch of the story wasn't too hard to figure out but two things made up for it
1) The most creative fight scenes I can recall... And I've seen most of em. And, when I say creative, I mean they portray him as the most unique fighter I've seen. He's not John Wick, Sly, Arnold, VanDam, Jet Li, The Rock, etc. I would love to say what I perceive him to be but I don't want to spoil it. As a no spoiler comment, I'll just say they somehow magnificently managed to make him uniquely brilliant at what and how he does
2) Read the last 5 words from above...

Have you watched Old Boy yet? His character's fight style is a direct take from Brolin's in that film.

Oh... And just watched Bone Tomahawk and oh my, that one scene in there, gawd

I saw just that one scene from Bone Tomahawk and it actually bothered me a little lol. Blood and gore doesn't get to me but it was just so over the top brutal that I didn't feel the urge to see it again.

SVT.Keats

Established Member
Just saw this movie recently and it is very good. Don Johnson is also in it. Vince is a great actor and plays gritty roles very well. He really should do more fighting movies. Some crazy scenes in this movie. Check it out on Amazon Prime you won't be disappointed!

Watching this tonight, looks good!

Sn95Snake

Established Member
if you guys enjoyed that movie check out Dragged Across Concrete, its the same Director starring Vince Vaughn and Mel Gibson, its also really good

Same Director also did another movie called Bone Tomahawk starring Kurt Russell that I also thought was pretty good...

Bone Tomahawk is gruesome as all hell. One of the kill scenes in that movie is crazy, definitely not a way I would want to go out.

The trailer for Brawl in Cell Block 99 looks ok, if I have some free time I will check it out on Prime.

Users who are viewing this thread