Brand new vmp gen 1

rfugio68

Established Member
Hello, I've had this blower sitting around and don't think I'll be installing it anytime soon. Its a brand new vmp gen 1 with no elbow or pulley, 1700 shipped to the lower 48.
IMAG0878_zpsteyso5ur.jpg

Last edited:

rfugio68

Established Member
Can you please confirm if this is the product you are referring to: http://vmptuning.com/superchargers/vmpgt500tvsic/

What about the custom tune for it? Any idea on the hp gain using the Gen 1 only without throttle body upgrade?
No, this is just the supercharger. You can get a tune/tuner from vmp vendor bj(vnmous1). You hp gain will depend on which pulley size you go with and what supporting mods you have.

Saikodi

Established Member
No, this is just the supercharger. You can get a tune/tuner from vmp vendor bj(vnmous1). You hp gain will depend on which pulley size you go with and what supporting mods you have.

Ok thanks. I am interested but let me talk with BJ first to figure out what else I need. I am in the early stages of mods. Just have a 2.4 pulley with idler and the JLT CAI. I got these about 6 months back from VMP. I had my eye on the super charger but BJ suggested me to wait since at the time they were working on the newer version of the super charger. However, if the price is great on a gen 1 (never used), its very tempting. :)

I am hoping this will stay for a few more days while I work out the details. Also, I have to see if I need an after market heat exchanger, etc. As I said, I am just a humble beginner.

Native

Established Member
Wish this had the elbow with it. After the elbow and shipping its going to be about $900 less than a new gen2.

Users who are viewing this thread