Brand new '11 GT500 or '13 Boss

SOCOMech

Established Member
I got a good trade in value for the Raptor so I will officially be riding off in one of these. One dealer has a brand new '11 (yes, '11) GT500 left over (silver w/ red stripes, SVTPP, elec. pkg) and according to some good sources, can be had for $45-46k. The other dealer is getting their '13 Grabber Blue Boss 302 any day now with an msrp of $45,700 (Recaro's and Torsen diff.). I love all the luxury of the GT500 but while the Boss is "lacking" in that dept. I understand what the Boss is and don't mind it not having the leather and nav and stuff. I'm just having a hell of a time deciding which one to really pursue. Which would you go for?

Last edited:

tistan

Established Member
I would get the boss. It already has good internals in the motor, so if you get bored with the power, you could add a blower later on without having to beef up the motor.

spidartanks

Established Member
Gt 500 for me
I like the best of the best and to me a gt 500 is that!
Boss to me seems like a beefed up gt?
Not right I know but that's how I feel

Gt500 looks sick too

7.62x51

Established Member
I would go with the Boss in this instance as well.

If it was a '13 GT500 vs '13 BOSS, Id def. get the GT500

jrandy

Established Member
one thing would be also to consider that the boss will be 2 years newer.

my vote would be the boss

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
GT500, but I would take a shot at $43k -$44k as you have nothing to lose. The dealer on the other hand needs to move that car.

rubicon04

SVT Poster
Established Member
What are your goals and expectations for the vehicle? personally I would go with the boss although not in that color code. Im sure I would be one of the few who would actually track it though.

SOCOMech

Established Member

The Boss definitely has that going for it.

GT500, but I would take a shot at $43k -$44k as you have nothing to lose. The dealer on the other hand needs to move that car.

My source looked it up and the invoice was created on 9/15/10 and has been on their lot for 571 days!!!!:eek:

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
GT500 hands down. I love the Boss and its rawness but damn the '10 and Shelby's are dead sexy. and your up a 100 hp and a ton of torque from the get go, plus the luxury. IMO it's a no brainer
TR6060>MT-82
And yes there are still a few 2011 GT500's around on lots.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The Boss definitely has that going for it.

My source looked it up and the invoice was created on 9/15/10 and has been on their lot for 571 days!!!!:eek:

I am sure they would like to get that 11 off their floor plan. I still pick the Boss, however, if you think you have a shot at a sick deal. Then I would throw out an embarrassing offer on the 11, the worst they can say is no....

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
GT500, if I wanted it to be lighter, I would take the back seats out, swap out the steel brakes and put the battery in the back. Of course you can do the same thing to the Boss.

But c'mon a GT500 is hard to come by and you can make a regular 5.0 look like a Boss

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
There are dealers here in the SF bay that want 49k for a 2011 GT500, you bet you'r ass its gonna be sitting at the lot.
Specially since the '13s are about to come out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I agree with your point about the GT-500 being 2 years older. If luxury items truly aren't important then I say go with the '13 Boss. If luxury items are somewhat important or preferred in the long run, go with the '11 GT-500. Me? I would ONLY want the Boss....in Gotta Have It Green!

Users who are viewing this thread