brakes and coil over

UB2SLO

Established Member
would like to do a brake upgrade to my 03 cobra i just recently purchased blowzilla and would like to have a better brake. Also would like some info on some coilover kits. Let me hear what you think.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Our stock brake calipers and rotors are pretty good and don't really need to be upgraded. I do recommend that you upgrade your brake lines and pads though. I currently have Maximum Motorsports Teflon (stainless steel) brake lines that are made by Stoptech which are some really nice units and fit perfect. A good thing about them is they have a urethane cover to protect the braid from fluids and abrasions which braided hose are highly susceptible to. I am running SBS touring pads and wouldn't recommend them as Bingo and I are both having problems with them squealing when they are under operating temperatures. My next set of pads will probably be Porterfield R4-S.

The best IMO coil-over kit is by Maximum Motorsports. I have the full MM track suspension except for the K-member currently and highly recommend it.

If you are looking for some suspension information you might want to check out this thread.
Handling question

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I forgot also get a set of Speedbleeders. They make fluid changes much easier. Stay away from the other bleeder solutions like the Motive Product they are not worth it and only make a mess.

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Give me a brake...(sorry)

It really depends on how "bad" you feel the brakes on the car are. I agree a pad/brake line changes may be enough..& this is the cheapest/easiest way to go first.

If...after you have done these upgrades...you are not satisfied..there are more involved systems to consider. Be careful when/if you decide to change calipers/rotors. Just because they look "Bling"...they may not appreciably improve your breaking... The first consideration when changing calipers is to find out the piston area of the caliper...more pistons doesn't necessarily guarantee ...better brakes. If you go to a caliper w/more piston area...you will need a new master cylinder...NOT ANY EASY INSTALLATION ON OUR CARS!!!

If want to explore going this direction PM me, I can save you from alot of the pitfalls...I fell into...Oh yes...I have a MUCH better system on my car...after ALOT OF GRIEF....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Maximum Motorsports coil-overs and Wilwood brakes. A great performing/greating looking marriage!

KensCobra1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread