Brake pedal going soft and to the floor?

BAB02LIGHTNING

Established Member
Got in the L tonight. Had not drove it in a couple days. Noticed that if I pressed the brakes the pedal would become very soft and go to the floor pretty much. But if I let off the brakes then pressed them again it would be tight again. Didnt happen everytime but enough to worry me. Any ideas guys?

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
if there is no fluid leaks anywhere, res. is full of fluid, make sure you dont have a vac. leak around the brake booster to start.. could be a bad booster or master cyl. going bad

lightning2181

Established Member
i have this problem also. my pedal goes away from me when i am almost coming to a complete stop. it feels sort of like when you slam on the brakes in the snow and slide. i bled my brakes twice and changed the master, still had an issue. it could be an abs sensor. there are 3 on the truck one at each wheel up front, and one at the diff. in the back. the rear one might be a little dirty from some burnt rubber if you know what i mean....this wont throw an abs light either.

_XXX_

Established Member
Mine was my booster back in 06 haven't had a issue since... Not sure what they did but it was still under warrenty

Users who are viewing this thread