Brake Pad Install...need help

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
There is a good write up in the "how to" section. Just avoid that e-brake spring that thing is a pain. Harbor Freight has a good deal on the tool needed for the piston as well. Makes things a lot easier.

CobraKid04

Established Member
Got the back brakes on and the car started. As for the guys that use a needle nose you must have super human strength...I still don't have brakes. The pedal is just a sponge. Does that mean I have air in my system and it just need bled again?

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
Got the back brakes on and the car started. As for the guys that use a needle nose you must have super human strength...I still don't have brakes. The pedal is just a sponge. Does that mean I have air in my system and it just need bled again?

And you did what again?? if u did just back brakes, and did not pull the line off the caliper then what gives, or did give?

CobraKid04

Established Member
yea, I know that but I changed my lines to SS. Therefore I had to take them off. Then I bled the brakes from the caliper bleeder screws. I rebled them this morning in hopes it was just air in the system, but it wasn't. I still have no brakes. The pedal goes to the floor with minimal effort. This is starting to piss me off. Any advice would be great!!!

CobraKid04

Established Member
update. I rebled the brakes this morning and still nothing. I have pressure in the pedal when the car is off, but when I turn it on the pedal effort goes back to nothing.

mikez

Established Member
Must bleed in order, pass rear, driver rear.....pass front, driver front. you will work your way closer to the master cylinder, longest lines need blead first

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
Actually, I've had good success with needle nose plyers with screw in pistons. Bought the tool for the Cobra though.

Rear brakes on my wife's Mini Cooper require rotation AND compression simulataneously. That was fun.........

Same here. I used needle nose pliers on my Maxima, with no problems. I bought the tool for the GT rear brakes, and it ended up being more of a headache than actually helping the cause, so I just used needle nose pliers. Again, with no problems.

562cobra

Hlistr_07RR ftl
Established Member
Did my rear brake pad swap with a c clamp. No problems to report. Done Last December.

Can anything break using the c clamp?

Just wondering

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Did my rear brake pad swap with a c clamp. No problems to report. Done Last December.

Can anything break using the c clamp?

Just wondering

The rear pistons "MUST" be turned in a clockwise fashion. I'm not even sure how the piston can go in with the c-clamp. I see nothing but bad things happening. You may want to check things over just to be sure your rear brakes are working properly

Users who are viewing this thread