Brake Noise.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
77 T/A sqeaked from day one still does but much more than this car. It will give a sqeak ever now and again but it is not constant and only happens very slow with light preasure.

mullens

Established Member
No brake noises from mine. Did you guys/gals bed the brakes when you first got your cars?

Have owned 20+ new cars, most of them performance and have never bedded the brakes. I think that's more of an aftermarket thing. If it was important, it would state it in the break-in section of the manual.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Have owned 20+ new cars, most of them performance and have never bedded the brakes. I think that's more of an aftermarket thing. If it was important, it would state it in the break-in section of the manual.

As I added miles on my car the noises went away. I think by about 5k miles I stopped hearing it

mullens

Established Member
As I added miles on my car the noises went away. I think by about 5k miles I stopped hearing it

I've had the minor coming to a stop squeal since day one. Still there with 2700 miles. Hopefully it goes away but I've gotten used to it so no big deal if it doesn't. Not worth putting new pads for that. Cost of doing business with high performance brakes.

chd2

Established Member
Every performance car I've owned had some squeak to the front breaks. It's due to the pad materials. I had some luck putting some anti squeak grease on the backs of new pads when installed, but it usually comes back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users who are viewing this thread