Brake Noise.

BOD89LX

Established Member
I have been getting some light brake noise when stopping does it when the car gets slowed down under 15mph or so and happens until I am stopped. Anybody else have this? Sounds like its from the front brakes.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Yes mine squeak too, I think it's mentioned somewhere in the supplement and is normal.

Driving your Shelby GT500
BRAKES​
Your vehicle is equipped with a brake system designed for high speed and superior fade resistance. You may notice occasional brake squeal and elevated levels of brake dust. This is normal and does not affect brake system performance.​

BOD89LX

Established Member
Thanks guys I may have to take some time one day and read the owners manual.

specizripn

Established Member
I think people say it tends to happen more when the brakes are cold and goes away when they warm up, but nothing to worry about.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Mine squeak a ton in the cold if I'm gently slowing down (light brake pressure). No noise at all if braking hard.

CMP

Fanatic Cobra Poster
Established Member
No brake noises from mine. Did you guys/gals bed the brakes when you first got your cars?

Kapy

Established Member
It is absolutely normal for high performance friction pads to cause this on any car.

If you have ever driven a full blown race car, you would notice this every time you braked.

The friction material and composition cause this, no fault of the braking system.

So it comes down to what you want. Performance? Or Luxury?

Hop in your grandma's buick instead if it drives you nuts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread