Brake needs to be changed and want to upgrade rotors and need input

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
There's a chance that slotted and or drilled that your braking distance will increase. Slotted rotors help expel gases during hard use like open tracking, and cross drilled is to reduce weight.

Just something to think about.

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
I do realize that but I am having a time finding the OEM replacement and thus got me thinking of the rotors above. Thanks for the info though. Do you know of any reputable sites that offer OEM replacement Brembo disc for Cobras? I may just get those instead if I cannot turn the ones I have.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I don't. For what it's worth, I'd go for the slotted rotors over stock. They look way too good to pass up sitting behind a pair of aftermarket wheels.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Tire rack has an outstanding price on Brembo 13" same as OE rotors!

The only functional upgrade of these rotors would be a diameter increase kit to 14"(18' wheels required)

Or a two piece rotor and Aluminum hat design(lighter in the non-fire path area).

I run plain jane Brembo stock rotors and I buy them from where ever I can find the best deal.

Now... If you are looking for a cosmetic upgrade, the ignore my post.

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
Tire Rack USED to have the 13in Brembo blanks for a great price. But they haven't even been listed on there site for at least the last 2 months.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
Thanks everyone! I went with the site gerlacha mentioned and order both rotors and pads from them. Good prices plus free shipping.

cashtown

Lawyers, Guns and Money
Established Member
wow. dsidn't know the brembo stuff was so cheap!!

I used rotorpros and was very happy with the chinese/american re-fabbed drilled slotted rotors (4) that I got for $290 shipped with hawk pads. brembos, damn!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
SORRY WRONG ANSWER.
Pretty funny how sure you were of yourself, and then you post the wrong rotors.:thumbsup:

Trust me, many of us get too comfortable posting on the message board and things sometimes get overlooked. I can relate! It comes with age, right Jimmy!! ;-)

:coolman::beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
SO SORRY!!! I need to slow down!!!

Napa had Brembos when I was pricing them a while back, the box just said NAPA but inside they had same as OEM FORD Brembos.

SORRY WRONG ANSWER.
Pretty funny how sure you were of yourself, and then you post the wrong rotors.:thumbsup:

I did apologize:shrug: Perhaps that's not enough? CUT OFF A HAND!

I have bought them from Tire Rack before, I guess they must be on back order with them now.

Users who are viewing this thread