Brake fluid flush intervals?

SpectorV

Established Member
I had most of it flushed out back a few years ago when I installed some new front calipers.... its probably time but was wondering. How long should I go before it picks up enough water in the fluid to cause issues~ mileage wise its not driven much but not sure that matters.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
once a year is more than enough unless your road racing/auto X'ing the car causing brake fluids to boil.

SVTDice

Established Member
Well, Honestly I would do it every year. It depends on the brake fluid though, some brake fluids like ATE 200/Super Blue absorb moisture at a faster rate then others. So if you live in a damp, humid area you may wanna do it every year. Hope this helps.

Maybe somebody else can enlighten me on this but, What is the difference between bleeding all 4 corners, and a "flush". I thought they are the same thing.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Well, Honestly I would do it every year. It depends on the brake fluid though, some brake fluids like ATE 200/Super Blue absorb moisture at a faster rate then others. So if you live in a damp, humid area you may wanna do it every year. Hope this helps.

Maybe somebody else can enlighten me on this but, What is the difference between bleeding all 4 corners, and a "flush". I thought they are the same thing.

Same thing

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Should be annually, regardless of mileage...especially a hot humid location....but I'd say if you're not beating on it and mainly garaged, 24 months tops would be fine.

killr3v

Extreme Member
Established Member
It's recommended every 3 years. If you track the car, then obviously you'll want to do it a lot more often.

SpectorV

Established Member
whats the quickest most painless way to have at it, just bleed each one and keep the fluid level up until you cycle through it?

wudy

Established Member
Good to know. Ive never done mine as well. Never changed the coolant either.

SpectorV

Established Member
thanks for the info, my coolant was changed at 37k miles, now at 60~ I probably should change it.... its just a pain.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
I never change either, about to do the brakes and then the fluid, just got to figure out what coolant I am going to run

Users who are viewing this thread