BP Screws it customers!!!

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Wow, you have multiple providers for electricity?? That's lucky, down here you don't have that option.

+1 we only have one and they are rape artists, owned by Warren Buffet, They have all sorts of out of this world charges its bullshit,

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Shouldn't the bank have been held responsible for paying the late charge since they were unable to get said payment to BP on time? Just curious.

U.M.

All they are responsible for doing is mailing out the payment. I can't hold them responsible for what the postal service does or doesn't do.

Back on subject. Hi John! Good to see you on the board again. I agree customer service has gone out the window nowadays. Last week, I was disconnecting one home of electricity and moving it to another with the company I've not only been a customer with since 1994 and my husband worked for them for 26 years, and they told me they required a $350.00 deposit. After over an hour of haggling, I told them to just disconnect it, and I'd go with another electric provider. Idiots.

What happened to the concept of "The customer is always right."?

And like you, I will never buy gas from BP so long as I have another choice. I got in touch with someone in the legal department yesterday and am waiting for a call back today or tomorrow. If not, as stupid as it is, I will sue them and ask for attorney fees. I'm not going to just let them steal my money.

Thanks for the welcome back. I had a big murder trial a couple of weeks ago and have been catching up work since. BTW, my client had been in jail a year charged with murder, armed robbery, aggravated assualt, etc. He walked out of the court house with me a free man. NOT GUILTY of all charges.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
idiot = someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way

does it make sense to spend more money and time on legal fees then the expected sum of the entitlement? its counterproductive.

It makes about as much sense as forming an opinion of someone based on a sarcastic post made by a member who knew the OP is a lawyer, and sticking to that opinion even after it was proven to be baseless.

straightliner1

Established Member
I can. I am an attorney. But sue over such a small amount? I wonder how many other people they have screwed the same way simply because they figure people won't sue?

If you're an attorney, put together a case in your free time. Your overhead will be minimal and you will prove to the big oil companies, and large companies in general, that they cannot push the "little man" around. Add heavy publicity over this case to the mix and it's a sure thing - they'll likely settle but you will have made the public aware of their actions.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
damn thats shitty, i just had an awesome experience w/ Gold's Gym today though, sorry to hear yours went bad w/ your long time bank. i recently moved to a different location and i'm closer to another Gold's location and so i asked if they could swap membership locations. they gave me the ok without charging me extra to upgrade membership and i told em thanks.i pay $21 a mth for one location w/ daycare included and whatever else it comes with. Tmobile also has awesome customer service. waived a couple of fees times i've asked and as a long time customer they were good to me. hopefully it all goes smooth man.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Had a similar thing happen when I had a Shell card.
The mailman delivered my mail to the wrong address and I got the bill late.
Got hit with a huge late fee and other BS charges. Called and tried to explain the situation, but they just kept saying "there's nothing we can do". What crap.

Turns out that Shell uses Chase as their credit card provider, so I can't really blame Shell for it. I canceled my Shell card and also canceled a different Chase card that I had. I want nothing to do with Chase ever again.

Find out what CC provider BP uses. Forget that's it's only $50. I would love to see you sue them, just on a matter of principle. These CC companies and banks deserve it for all the shit they put us through.

Cobra-O

Established Member
If you're an attorney, put together a case in your free time. Your overhead will be minimal and you will prove to the big oil companies, and large companies in general, that they cannot push the "little man" around. Add heavy publicity over this case to the mix and it's a sure thing - they'll likely settle but you will have made the public aware of their actions.

+1, I vote for this.

Draft a letter warning you are going to file suit and have it sent via certified mail. Show them they can't push people around. Also, only other way to get your credit back is to head back to the BP station and fill up a few more times.

Saleen281sc

I've got a Cobra,too
Established Member
You obviously didn't detect my sarcasm.

Maybe you should make another thread about Michael Jackson's death being a conspiracy.

:lol:

Back to the OP..take what happened to you, and apply it to a fleet account...one that runs about 7-9000.00 PER MONTH thru BP's coffers.

I hired a new office manager, and she paid one of the BP statements 14 days late, because of a computer error. They charged me an 85.00 late fee.

Keep in mind, my company has A+ credit thru D&B, and NONE of my accounts are paid late..so I explained what happened, and asked if they could waive the fee.

They were complete asshats..so I said.."enjoy the 85.00, you'll have an envelope with a check tomorrow morning for my outstanding balance, and my cut up cards. Cancel my account. Thanks".

I went and opened up a Shell account.

We actually went back and totaled up our gas purchases, and we had spent over 200 grand since opening the account.

I guess I took the long way of saying that BP doesn't give a damn about their customers.

Last edited:

ssssnake

Established Member
Wow, you have multiple providers for electricity?? That's lucky, down here you don't have that option.

+1 we only have one and they are rape artists, owned by Warren Buffet, They have all sorts of out of this world charges its bullshit,

Power to Choose

Eh, I kinda think it was better before they deregulated. I still don't understand why we would follow California in such a thing. California's even thinking about going back. :shrug:

Yep. When I worked in the banking industry (and retail), that was the #1 priority. We were "shopped" and graded on how we took care of a customer. Not anymore.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
Power to Choose

Eh, I kinda think it was better before they deregulated. I still don't understand why we would follow California in such a thing. California's even thinking about going back. :shrug:

Thanks for the link. That's pretty interesting, I do electrical design (among other things) and the location of the project determines who the provider is for electrical service.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
idiot = someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way

does it make sense to spend more money and time on legal fees then the expected sum of the entitlement? its counterproductive.

My god that is stupid.....His actions, and fight for his cause could potentially bring change to the way the company operates. That change could have a direct favorable impact on how many BP customers? That is not counter productive at all unless, of course, you are self centered and only GAS about yourself. This attitude is a perfect example of why this country is so messed up.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
All they are responsible for doing is mailing out the payment. I can't hold them responsible for what the postal service does or doesn't do.

And like you, I will never buy gas from BP so long as I have another choice. I got in touch with someone in the legal department yesterday and am waiting for a call back today or tomorrow. If not, as stupid as it is, I will sue them and ask for attorney fees. I'm not going to just let them steal my money.

Thanks for the welcome back. I had a big murder trial a couple of weeks ago and have been catching up work since. BTW, my client had been in jail a year charged with murder, armed robbery, aggravated assualt, etc. He walked out of the court house with me a free man. NOT GUILTY of all charges.

very good job was he facing the death penalty? is your practice focused on criminal law? or was this a one time kinda thing for you? I have 7 more weeks of law school, I can't wait to take the bar and actually start to do some real work.

Users who are viewing this thread