Bought another stang today!

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by COntour
... that all the newer model Mustangs with the pony and the 3 stripes on the side are V6's...

That is true as far as production mustangs are concerned. The V6'es come with the pony emblem, but saleen puts the pony emblem on all of there cars.

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
hey nice car saleens rule. just wondering what is that thing that covers the rear passenger seats? and that bar is called a roll bar right? and where can i get the lil saleen side scoops for a cobra?

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
Originally posted by COntour
Razor, in NO way did I think you were lying about the car being a Saleen. I was just told by one of my friends who is a Mustang "Lover" that all the newer model Mustangs with the pony and the 3 stripes on the side are V6's. So that's why I asked, and now looking at the pictures I can tell that it's a V8. Sorry if I offended you in any way.

Oh it's no problem, you didn't offend me.;-) I think I may of came off a little harsh after re-reading what I posted to you. It wasn't meant to sound that way. Truthfully I don't know a ton of stuff about Saleens. I've always had an interest in the 4V cobra's. I think Saleen uses the pony emblem because either the GT emblem or Snake emblem would take away from the car being a Saleen.

Razor.:beer:

akatherazor4

Established Member
Originally posted by Tony_Montana87
hey nice car saleens rule. just wondering what is that thing that covers the rear passenger seats? and that bar is called a roll bar right? and where can i get the lil saleen side scoops for a cobra?

The thing covering the rear seats is a speedster cover. And I wouldn't consider the bar a roll bar. I call it a light bar myself. In my opinion that light bar is for looks more so then functionality. You can get those side scoops at allot of places. I listed a link below to get you started.

http://speedworx.com/cgi-local/shop.pl/page=main.htm

01cobrakid

Got DoHc?
Established Member
Damn sweet car man!!!!! That white on white wheels is AWSOME!
Do you have any sick plans for this car even though it is the wifes!?

Mike

akatherazor4

Established Member
Originally posted by 01cobrakid
Damn sweet car man!!!!! That white on white wheels is AWSOME!
Do you have any sick plans for this car even though it is the wifes!?

Mike

So far we have discussed tinting the windows for the days where the windows will actually be up.:lol: The car also needs new tires, They are dryrotted from sitting. The Steeda Tri-Ax shifter isn't going over to well so I will have to do something about that also. My wife complains that it's too tall compared to the pro-5.0 in my cobra and she hates the shifter handle as well. I am in agreement on this.;-) It also has 3:27 gears I believe and is in need of more gear in my opinion. The car does pull pretty hard but gears will wake it up. Nothing else is on the table for right now. But who knows what I will do after letting my mind work.:-D

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Originally posted by akatherazor4
No the pony does not mean it's a V6. I actually just bought my brother a V6 mustang (2000 model) because he graduated boot camp with honors and deserves a nice ride to pimp in for his accomplishments. I also slapped some GT wheels on it for him so it actually looks half decent.:lol:

Anyway this is an authentic Saleen and I have the paperwork and original window sticker if you would like me to scan it and post it for you.

damn razor, you're a good brother/husband!!!
nice cars!:beer:

2stangBK

Established Member
Sweet looking ride Razor! I'm sure she's gonna love cruzing it. Question, is she stingy or will you get to cruz it too????

akatherazor4

Established Member
Originally posted by 2stangBK
Sweet looking ride Razor! I'm sure she's gonna love cruzing it. Question, is she stingy or will you get to cruz it too????

Oh I've already drove it a couple times. Believe it or not I'm not really to eager to pimp it. After all I love my cobra.:thumbsup:

Razor.

rust0r

Established Member
aka, beautiful car......it looks just looks so clean

lightbar + speedster/tonneau cover = nice job, what color is your cobra?

if you have any additional pics im sure everyone would love to see them :p

one last question, get me a job wherever it is you work =]

akatherazor4

Established Member
Originally posted by rust0r
aka, beautiful car......it looks just looks so clean

lightbar + speedster/tonneau cover = nice job, what color is your cobra?

if you have any additional pics im sure everyone would love to see them :p

one last question, get me a job wherever it is you work =]

My cobra is True Blue. You can read all about it by clicking here.;-) I don't have anymore pics of the Saleen right now but I'm sure more will be taken as time goes on. If your looking for a job then just ride down to your local FedEx, that's where I work these days.

Razor.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Very sharp car, I agree about the white wheels, looks sharp.:thumbsup:

Check into a windguard,(if you don't have one already), they really help with the wind when you get up to freeway speeds. The wives seem to appreciate it more:shrug:

rust0r

Established Member
im curious, how much do those guy that drive trucks actually make ? and has anyone ever fell out of the door before ?

akatherazor4

Established Member
Originally posted by whitesnake2001
Very sharp car, I agree about the white wheels, looks sharp.:thumbsup:

Check into a windguard,(if you don't have one already), they really help with the wind when you get up to freeway speeds. The wives seem to appreciate it more:shrug:

Yup already found the windscreen and may get that for next summer. The wind will beat you to death in a vert.

akatherazor4

Established Member
Originally posted by rust0r
im curious, how much do those guy that drive trucks actually make ? and has anyone ever fell out of the door before ?

I work for FedEx ground. When you see those guys driving the trucks on the road (Like me) wer'e not actual employees. We have our own business and contract from them. We supply the truck and all other business related items at our own expense. We simply buy or inherit a contract from them for a route and conduct business. You can make anywhere from 60K-100k + depending on your specific route.;-)

P.S. UPS guys are employee's and puch a clock.

Users who are viewing this thread