Bought a new Truck!

a64armt

Established Member
I am so stoked! I finally broke down and bought a new truck. Our 97' Expedition has 170,000 miles, and is showing its age. It still runs fine, but I am startng to take chances taking it on trips, long tows with our boat, etc.

I searched long and hard, trying to get a great deal. None of the local dealers wanted to come off anything other than the advertised Exployee pricing and $3000 rebates. A few dealers were willing to give up some of the $1800 dealer holdback. I wasn't impressed, so I kept searching. I wanted a F-250 CC, 6.4 KR w/ nav, cam, step, etc. Basically a $57k truck.

I came across a dealer in TC advertising $20k off. I bought a King Ranch with most options, (no sun roof or Nav) for $36k! I had to pay $1300 for line haul from Houston to Savannah, but what a deal!

We love the truck. Better fuel mileage than my Expedition at the same speeds, so the added price of diesel becomes a wash. I can't wait to hook the boat up and see how it pulls.

Vincent

PICT0057.JPG

PICT0058.JPG

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Sounds like a hell of a deal. I got mine for about the same price except mine isnt a KR and doesnt have navi. I really love my truck and feel it was money worth spent.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
nice truck! that damn thing looks like it should be pulling the trailer it's on

a64armt

Established Member
Loving the truck! It is the truck I should have bought 11 years ago when I bought my Expedition......

I just hit 350 miles on it.

First. the fuel mileage isn't bad considering. With all the web/forum chatter on poor fuel mileage, I was expecting way worse. I almost didn’t buy the truck because of the reports of poor fuel mileage. According to the lie-o-meter I am averaging 16 mpg (city/hwy mix) @ 1/2 tank. In town it drinks the stuff like crazy, but that is to be expected, and the average suffers accordingly. I didn't buy it for a commuter, I have the SVTF for that. I did drive it to work yesterday to have the line-x installed, it was as good an excuse as any, and I am looking for excuses to drive it! I think I need to go to Lowes for a light bulb or something.........

I haven't towed anything except a small utility trailer, but the rear camera is the $h!t! This is something that should be on every truck. Hooking up a trailer is so simple with the rear camera. Once I pass 500 miles, I can bring the boat home and see what 8000lbs feels like behind it.

It is a monster though, get that boost gauge past 25lbs of boost and it comes ALIVE! It isn't a sports truck or car by any means but I have no reason to doubt the engine's rating of 350hp and 650lbft torque. It’s like I paid $36k for a prescription of testosterone.

Oh yea, the wife likes it too.

Vincent

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Glad to hear you like it.

Calculate your MPG by hand, that thing sucks. I get 13 city and up to 15mpg on 100% highway @ 75mph.

I assume you have the 28 gal tank, I would recommend getting a bigger tank. I hated filling up all the time and it will really help when you are towing the boat - assuming you drive fairly long distances. I can get to about 600 miles on a tank now.

www.transferflow.com

a64armt

Established Member
I think the truck has the 30 gallon tank, but I was considering an aux or larger tank. I installed a Transferflow tank in my friend's 2005 Dodge 2500 5.9, and he is happy with it, but he has the long bed and I am not sure I want to lose the bed space with the 6.5' bed. I like the Titan tank, and that may be the route I take. It will depend on whether we move from the class C to the 5th wheel, if we do, the transfer flow will probably my choice.

I drive very conservatively, 65mph interstate, 55 rural highway, slow-moderate acceleration, etc, so I am hoping that I will reap some decent fuel mileage numbers, but like you said, I have to hand calculate after a few tanks to see. I also ordered a scan gauge II. I have a Scan Gauge 1 that I used in my Expedition and it was dead accurate.

Vincent

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Just want to say very nice looking truck! I love that color combo. Is it possible to get some pictures of the interior? I would love to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread