Bought a new 2021 Trackhawk

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
As a DD I’d probably stay 20” and the bigger sidewall. 22” looks better and the 305/35/22 is a good size.
Seems like many debadge the THs.
Did all years get the bronze trim on the grille and bumpers? That Velgen pic looks like black trim.
-J

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are you thinking 20" or 22" Bronze wheels? Velgen has both in the lightweight VF5 series.
I have the 20" Velgen VF5's in gloss black. I had 315/35/20 MPSS on them but switched back to the OEM 295/45/20 size due to getting tired of the wide tire tramlining on the shitty WI roads.

Velgen VF5 20x10.5 w/ 315/35/20:
View attachment 1733425

Here are a couple pic's I found with the Velgen Bronze VF5 22's:
View attachment 1733426
View attachment 1733427
Those bronze wheels are sweet! They go SO well with the black paint, breaking the "blackness" just enough.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
As a DD I’d probably stay 20” and the bigger sidewall. 22” looks better and the 305/35/22 is a good size.
Seems like many debadge the THs.
Did all years get the bronze trim on the grille and bumpers? That Velgen pic looks like black trim.
-J

I think they all come with the bronze front grill rings and lower bezels.

I wanted mine to match so I purchased black grill rings off Amazon and painted the lower bezels black.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
Yea those mods are only a 1000 hp. These are good to 1100-1200 hp. Buddy made 1130 whp with his last year. No issues.
What does something like this run at a track? I really considered one of these as I needed a tow vehicle and something fun. I ended up with a 2020 RS3 and the wife got a 2022 Atlas for pulling/hauling duties instead.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
This combo on E85 usually runs aboutr 9.70 @ 140 mph. Some have gone faster with Nitrous. On 93 octane and meth u mite be able to crack into the 9's at Atco but usually 10.0-10.2 at 136-137 mph.

The fastest TH so far has gone 9.20 at 154 mph but thats with a built 426/ Magnuson /Nitrous. but to be honest the built 426's usually dont go any faster then the stock 6.2 liter but can surely hold more power but ur fastest Truck was a modified stock blower for the longest time so no need for a Magnuson.

Bro this is the very best daily driver u can buy. It hits ALL the boxes for me and it just looks ****ing badass!

Wow a 2020 RS3 huh ur not messing around those are no joke. Im building one now thats going into my Golf R. Just got my IROZ 1100 kit that I ordered back in April lol. Cams have just been released so im gonna port the heads as well.

What does something like this run at a track? I really considered one of these as I needed a tow vehicle and something fun. I ended up with a 2020 RS3 and the wife got a 2022 Atlas for pulling/hauling duties instead.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
9.20 @ 154 is really impressive. Not everyone, though, would want a 1,000+hp daily driver. Weekends, yeah? Daily, not so sure.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I disagree Bob. When it drives like stock out of boost it only comes down to two things. Gas mileage and repairs......

And if u dont have the funds for either then one probably shouldnt own a Trackhawk or any DD making a 1000 hp.

Modified cars are far more reliable cause they have better parts. They break when u lean on them so for DD's there actually far more reliable.

But I would bet if money wasnt an issue everyone would want a 1000 hp DD to tool around in as long as it drove like stock out of boost. The plaid makes a 1000 hp and its a DD lol. I know.... Apples to oranges lol.

9.20 @ 154 is really impressive. Not everyone, though, would want a 1,000+hp daily driver. Weekends, yeah? Daily, not so sure.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You have a different view of a daily driver than I do, Brett. To each his own.

Your comment about modified cars being "far more reliable cause they have better parts" only holds water if the installer does it right.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
After the short week with the Trackhawk I think Eibachs, 800-850hp on pump E70-85 and nice sticky summer rubber is all this thing needs. If it’ll take tgat snd still tow my Mustangs on an open aluminum trailer I’m happy.
-J

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That recipe, Jim, should be just what your TH needs for the summer. You're going to have a blast with it.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
Wow a 2020 RS3 huh ur not messing around those are no joke. Im building one now thats going into my Golf R. Just got my IROZ 1100 kit that I ordered back in April lol. Cams have just been released so im gonna port the heads as well.
Very nice! Youll have to let me know how that turns out. I have been planning a little and was thinking an IMS850 kit would be enough for me but maybe not lol.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Billet cranks, billet rods, titanium hardware, etc... have nothing to do with the instal. Their simply better materials and handle far more abuse.

Its why ur GT500 has a forged bottom end. Better parts last longer period.

You have a different view of a daily driver than I do, Brett. To each his own.

Your comment about modified cars being "far more reliable cause they have better parts" only holds water if the installer does it right.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Them IMS850 kits actually make 850-880 whp and that would require a sleeved block/built motor.

Was just watching this video against a Tesla Plaid and he has the 850 kit with a Syvex. This was a TTRS but close enough lol

Very nice! Youll have to let me know how that turns out. I have been planning a little and was thinking an IMS850 kit would be enough for me but maybe not lol.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Sweet I got a butt congrats! :)
She actually has a short efficient badonkadonk.
I have an exhaust rattle that needs attention (and a good reason to improve the tonicity.
-J

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hope that's the only rattle you will have to deal with. Are you taking it back to the dealer, or are you going to resolved it yourself?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Hope that's the only rattle you will have to deal with. Are you taking it back to the dealer, or are you going to resolved it yourself?
It has a few minor things it needs (one rear wheel arch trim is gapped, minor interior pad was scratched) and is much as I paid I’ll let them address.
These don’t have active exhaust I can change but it might be the rear mufflers self adjust like my ‘16 Charger. It’s either exhaust hitting done rear suspension or a muffler issue. It’s only under load but after the dealer checks/documents it I may just throw it on my lift for some exhaust work :)
It’s definitely too quiet especially at idle. I want that Hellcat rumble. My Charger stock exhaust was perfect stock for DD. I actually can’t believe SRT got away with such an aggressive exhaust stock.
-J

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Minor stuff thankfully. So you're going to upgrade the exhaust. Are you wanting to have a more aggressive WOT, or more at idle? If you can, post a video with the upgraded exhaust when you do it.

Users who are viewing this thread