Bought a Dark Horse with the Ford Performance Whipple Kit

kaz109

Established Member
This GT mustang has a sticker price of 80+K before a blower? Why? You can get GT500's with very little miles for that money.......
Well I guess the part is this isn’t a GT , it’s a dark horse which regardless of if you agree with the pricing or the difference it’s still not just a mustang GT as your post implies

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Well I guess the part is this isn’t a GT , it’s a dark horse which regardless of if you agree with the pricing or the difference it’s still not just a mustang GT as your post implies
This car and the last mach 1 should have had a CPC 5.2 to set it apart from the rest of the lineup.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Whipple disagrees.
True but my point is on paper, the gt350 is still on top N/A and that car is 9yrs old. This car with a CPC 5.2 rated at 530 would make it a lot easier choice over the gt to the average buyer and justify the price. Does the window sticker even show the rotating assembly difference and transmission?

Last edited:

ArabianOak

Established Member
True but my point is on paper, the gt350 is still on top N/A and that car is 9yrs old. This car with a CPC 5.2 rated at 530 would make it a lot easier choice over the gt to the average buyer and justify the price. Does the window sticker even show the rotating assembly difference and transmission?
No. From what I know lots of internal parts from the Shelby are in the dark horse.
IMG_4177.jpeg

kaz109

Established Member
This car and the last mach 1 should have had a CPC 5.2 to set it apart from the rest of the lineup.
I don’t agree that the Mach 1 should have but I will agree this dark horse should have. With that said I really like the changes they made to the 5.0 to make it stronger and stand out from a base GT motor

MG0h3

Established Member
Nice info. The forged pistons are not standard on the non dark horse engines though correct?

Beats me.

Kinda doubt it.

All of this is Kindof reminiscent of when the 03/04 came out.

Although it was supposedly due to the failure of the 01’.

Regardless, the similarities in brands and naming their replacement engine the same is curious.

Look at the head bolts. That’s the shit we use in aftermarket when shooting for 1500+

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

kaz109

Established Member
Not everyone wants peak power at 9000 rpms. The mach with the 5.0 and Tremec was a better option for the street.
I agree with this, I owned a E92 M3 and a W204 C63 AMG and while I prefer the M3 on track I MUCH preferred the C63 to daily.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Maybe the DarkWhore will be the new Terminator.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
with the amount of differences between the DH and GT, it seems like ford is wanting to really prop it up. The price difference vs the GT is the part many can't justify.

I bought the car with the ford whipple kit, so my thoughts were pay around 90k and get a reliable 800-850hp mustang with full factory warranty.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Not everyone wants peak power at 9000 rpms. The mach with the 5.0 and Tremec was a better option for the street.
Why would peak power be at 9k? If anything, the larger displacement would lower peak power using the same cams. With a flat plane crank yes but I'm saying to use the CPC from the predator.

Users who are viewing this thread