Bought a car and think I got scammed. Question

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
in NYS the maximum fee that the dealer can charge to register a vehicle is $175 plus the actual amount charged by DMV. On the invoice there are two asterisks prior to the registration fee, what do they reference and is the amount shown the same as the DMV registration fee?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
You get an OTD number which includes the doc fee plus TTL before you see finance. If during the finance process the number changes from the agreed upon OTD number, you walk.

They ALWAYS change.

Gotta love the hard push to rolling additional shit into the finance. "Oh for $12/m you can add our 10 year paint and rust warranty... If the paint should fade well have it professionally polished, repair any rust and if the paint gets so bad, well repaint it".

Uh huh.....

"For $35/m we can add gap insurance"

"16.99/ our platinum maintenance program "

"Tell you what, how about I cut you a deal, we don't do this for everyone but how about all these plans for $50/m!"

**** off.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Years ago the only time I bought a Ram the dealer tried to throw back in the original price for the Ram on the contract.
The finance guy was just like everything is the same from the "signed paper" you did showing the trade in and price of the truck and you just need to sign down there. Yea, only $3,500 off.
Said no thanks, I'll take my keys back.
5 minutes later the GM comes in and the price is back to where we agreed to.
Never went back there again, skipped them completely when I got the Wagoneer.

You didn't get scammed, they threw in fees/extra fees and you didn't get up and leave once the price changed.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just like every other dealer bash thread.

Are there shit dealers? Yep.
Are there good dealers? Yep.
Are consumers forced to buy from a particular dealership? No.
With the interwebz, is it more of a free market now than ever? Yep.
Will I always help and do what's best for consumers, especially SVTP members? Yep. I don't have enough time in the day as is, I don't need to spend any of it having to explain myself or my operation.

I can assist in most purchases, new or used, around the country. Even if it's just helping you save a little money. I'm not here to make money off of this forum, I enjoy you ****ing hooligans and want to help when I can. If I can save you money, and make a little money, of course I'm in...but if I can't save you money, I'm the first person to point out a good deal.

-Scum

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Just like every other dealer bash thread.

Are there shit dealers? Yep.
Are there good dealers? Yep.
Are consumers forced to buy from a particular dealership? No.
With the interwebz, is it more of a free market now than ever? Yep.
Will I always help and do what's best for consumers, especially SVTP members? Yep. I don't have enough time in the day as is, I don't need to spend any of it having to explain myself or my operation.

I can assist in most purchases, new or used, around the country. Even if it's just helping you save a little money. I'm not here to make money off of this forum, I enjoy you ****ing hooligans and want to help when I can. If I can save you money, and make a little money, of course I'm in...but if I can't save you money, I'm the first person to point out a good deal.

-Scum
Unfortunately for every one of you, there's ten of them.

ajaf1656

Established Member
I really don't get the trouble people have with buying vehicles. When I was selling motorcycles, this one dude came in so prepared for combat he asked me how much the Yamaha R6 was, I quoted the MSRP and he blurted out, "**********!" :ROFLMAO:
We used to get tons of college kids who would sign up for the Yamaha card and get an R6 for $99/month (for 6 months, then the 24% interest rate kicked in. We had so many 6 month old used bikes to sell. Lol

jessie_sanders

Established Member
OP needs to learn how to negotiate better.

I hope this video helps you:

Op needs to start with learning to read. They put everything in front of you. They put in actual writing exactly how they're going to **** you.
Line
By
Line
I don't understand how someone can have the sense to have $50k to drop on a vehicle and then start a thread like this.

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread