Boston Area Hotel

assasyn

Established Member
I am traveling for business in two weeks to NH/VT. I have a day to burn on Monday and am looking for a hotel in the Boston area for Sunday night and Wednesday night. All of the hotels in Boston are pretty expensive. Can anyone recommend a suburb area that might be less expensive, nice and still within driving distance to Boston? I have to drive out of Boston on Monday afternoon to NH and back in from VT on Wednesday night. Doesn't have to be the same hotel each night.

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
Maybe look in the Andover, MA. area. It's about 25 miles north of Boston, not far from the NH border. Should be able to get a hotel room for $120 up. The Wyndham in Andover is nice. And popular with business travellers.
It would be a straight shot 30 minutes south on RT 93 to Boston, and about the same north to Manchester, NH. (Of course, commuter traffic can blow those times to hell -- I'd count on 45 minutes to Boston, depending where you're going there.)

Try posting this in the New England section of the forum -- you'll get lots more responses probably...

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would use Google Maps or MapQuest to see Boston and the surrounding areas. Then find a few cities/towns you might be interested in that are fairly close. Use AAA or Trip Advisor (or similar) to find hotels in those areas. You'll see ratings and prices. I do this all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread