Boss vs Supercharged SRT Charger

KBBoss302

Established Member
That is a fantastic time, UnrealFord!

I'm not trying to take anything away from you but that is a regular R/T, not the 470hp SRT8. The wheels and nose give it away. I have spent a lot of time driving a '13 SRT8 Charger and it is a beast, even in stock form. I doubt that it is much, if any, slower than my Boss, especially in the 70-130mph range. They are actually really nice cars to drive, too, which surprised me because I am not a Dodge guy.

Sorry for the threadjack. Your run was excellent!

John

Unrealford

Established Member

I'm not trying to take anything away from you but that is a regular R/T, not the 470hp SRT8. The wheels and nose give it away. I have spent a lot of time driving a '13 SRT8 Charger and it is a beast, even in stock form. I doubt that it is much, if any, slower than my Boss, especially in the 70-130mph range. They are actually really nice cars to drive, too, which surprised me because I am not a Dodge guy.

John
Ahh good catch. I'll have to fix that up/;-)

86Fbody

Established Member
It did still sound super charged, but I guess it was a little high for an SRT8 and it didn't have the badge. Just don't see how an SRT8 could even keep up with the Boss since it is about 2k more in weight, from the specs I have read.

Rebel302

Established Member
It did still sound super charged, but I guess it was a little high for an SRT8 and it didn't have the badge. Just don't see how an SRT8 could even keep up with the Boss since it is about 2k more in weight, from the specs I have read.

What specs have you read that says it weighs 5600lbs? :dw:

It weighs around 700ish more pounds than the regular Boss, and while some say "throwing power at a fat pig doesn't make it fast"....what is your counter for the M5 that weighs 4400lbs(for an apples to apples comparison of the charger)?

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Great to see that throwing power at a fat pig doesn't make it fast.

Thats kind of subjective, that car runs what, low 14's stock? So he dropped at least a second and a half off his stock time, in a four door 2 ton sedan.

Mid 12's is still enough to be faster than most things you'd come across on the street. Its also enough to get you into trouble

Adiabatik

Banned
I consistently beat/ran better times than 90% of the SRT8 Jeeps/Chargers/Challengers when my car had full exhaust, gears, and a tune. Dodge/Chrysler need to realize that they cant release a "high performance car on a 4000+lb chassis".....with 20" wheels to boot....and expect it to haul ass

86Fbody

Established Member
What specs have you read that says it weighs 5600lbs? :dw:

It weighs around 700ish more pounds than the regular Boss, and while some say "throwing power at a fat pig doesn't make it fast"....what is your counter for the M5 that weighs 4400lbs(for an apples to apples comparison of the charger)?

2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 4dr Rear-wheel Drive Sedan Specs is where I found my specs, Edmunds also has the same for curb and gross weight. I would have to say that the M5 may be heavy also but the suspension, I would think, is much better.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, the GVWR is going to be quite a bit heavier because it is the total maximum weight including optional equipment, passengers and cargo. The difference between the Boss (3,632 lbs.) and the Charger SRT-8 (4,365 lbs.) is 733 lbs.

Nice run between the two. Wonder how much power the Charger R/T was making with the blower.

ff500

Established Member
My buddy just bought a built 300C, it runs a 10.9 and will do 10.6 on the nitrous. Its got no supercharger or turbo.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member

John

This

The 392 SRT8 is a good race for the 5.0/BOSS in stock form. LMAO @ weighing 2K more.

I consistently beat/ran better times than 90% of the SRT8 Jeeps/Chargers/Challengers when my car had full exhaust, gears, and a tune. Dodge/Chrysler need to realize that they cant release a "high performance car on a 4000+lb chassis".....with 20" wheels to boot....and expect it to haul ass

As former owner of a bolt on/geared GT, my 6.1SRT8 will rape my old GT. Whats funny is my dad has my old GT and he's been saying he wants to run the two cars but when ever I bring it up there is an excuse:shrug:

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
This

The 392 SRT8 is a good race for the 5.0/BOSS in stock form. LMAO @ weighing 2K more.

As former owner of a bolt on/geared GT, my 6.1SRT8 will rape my old GT. Whats funny is my dad has my old GT and he's been saying he wants to run the two cars but when ever I bring it up there is an excuse:shrug:

I've been wanting to run a new Challenger, can't seem to find any around me! :)

SVTRAT

Banned

He is talking about the FAST FIVE limited production version. I think they only made 2, so he gotta have 2 of 2.....LOL

Last edited:

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
I'll run you for fun just to see how bad you beat me lol, I am a bone stock 6.1 Charger tho not a Challenger:shrug:

Man, I don't know why I thought challenger. I can't read. :) I usually do a couple car shows a month like hooters. Maybe we can run them sometime.

tuke

I am t3h Banned
Established Member
Yeah, 12.60's are what you can expect with a bone stock 392 on stock rubber with an okay driver. Mid 11's aren't out of the question out of a 6.4L Challenger with a high stall TC on slicks. They're damn hefty, no doubt!

Users who are viewing this thread