Boss vs. 2013 GT500

J.Shoot

Established Member
Took the Boss to the 1/8 mile track on Friday night for some test and tune runs. There were several new mustangs at the track from another town. Two GT500's that were brand new. After visiting with the drivers about their cars and admiring them I went to run my car and one of them pulled up beside me. Unfortunately for him, he didn't realize my Boss was track ready and although looks stock, it is not. His car didn't hook up at all and he definitely needs some seat time and better tires. Needless to say, I ran a 7.19 to his 8.80, he was a little shocked and embarrassed. But it was still fun.
I'm not mentioning names or places on pupose. Not trying to pick on this guy, just sometimes people need to realize what a car is advertised to run in a magazine is difficult to obtain.

J.Shoot

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
It happens. Some guys that are new to the track or have something that can't hook, don't understand a few things. Def more seat time will help. Same when I went to the track here over a year and saw a few 5.0's and 1 Boss. Lets just say my Lighnting's 13.2 quarter mile runs was faster than them. But when I watched them from the side lines, you could tell they were new to the track.
Cool to run beside a 13 GT500, though a Boss is pretty sweet too.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Needless to say, I ran a 7.19 to his 8.80, he was a little shocked and embarrassed. But it was still fun.
I'm not mentioning names or places on pupose. Not trying to pick on this guy, just sometimes people need to realize what a car is advertised to run in a magazine is difficult to obtain.

J.Shoot

Nice move to leave out the name and track. Too many guys bash the next man for not being the best driver. Seat time does wonders. Nice times OP.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
ehhhhh 1/8 mile ..badically comes down to driver and traction. Would be nice to see you VS a new pullied shelby duke it out . from a roll , were driver mod and traction wont be a issue

4VFTW

Established Member
ehhhhh 1/8 mile ..badically comes down to driver and traction. Would be nice to see you VS a new pullied shelby duke it out . from a roll , were driver mod and traction wont be a issue
lol this is exactly why roll racing is lame...all that matters is how much motor you have under the hood, can't setup suspension or handle launch techniques? just dump more cash under the bonnet and start from a 40mph roll :rollseyes

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Nice runs. :beer:

Are you close to San Antonio? I'm going to Midnight Madness tonight in my Boss to get some seat time.

Users who are viewing this thread