Boss Suspension-Anyone using it in there 5.0?

chuckstang

Established Member
I could not find any part numbers or prices but can you purchase the Boss springs/dampers anywhere?

If so, does anyone have the part number and or price and if it was worth it?

I thought of this set up because it does not really lower the car much but seems to make a big difference handling wise.

Thanks

chuckstang

Established Member
What about coil over kits? Any reasonably price kits that will allow you to dial it to stock ride height one day and slammed the next? This would be ideal for a DD and for during the winter. I checked eibach but didnt mention able to have them dialed back to stock height or higher...

Mus35th

Established Member
I just have Ford Racing M5300-P springs (made by Eibach) and they are perfect. Lower the car just enough to be noticable but not slammed. Ride is firm but not harsh.

I would take a guess that they are slightly stiffer than the stock Boss springs.

Mine is a DD and I highly recommend them. Not bad for $179.

chuckstang

Established Member
didnt you try that once before? you spent more money than just picking up a quality kit with everything you need!

The Griggs stuff is just overkill for what I need for this car regardless of the price or package. Not to mention that added NVH.

But this car is def underdamped.

lonegunman

Established Member
I just have Ford Racing M5300-P springs (made by Eibach) and they are perfect. Lower the car just enough to be noticable but not slammed. Ride is firm but not harsh.

I would take a guess that they are slightly stiffer than the stock Boss springs.

Mine is a DD and I highly recommend them. Not bad for $179.

how does it handle though? does it help with the nose dive at all? and when you hit a crater, umm pothole, do your teeth chatter? For that price i guess it's worth trying.

thanks

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The Griggs stuff is just overkill for what I need for this car regardless of the price or package. Not to mention that added NVH.

But this car is def underdamped.

When did I say anything about griggs. I said you purchased suspension parts before and ended up paying more than a good kit would cost.

chuckstang

Established Member
Get bc coil overs. Done..

BC?

Eibach has a non adjustable kit for a little over $1000. That seems like a great price but says adjustable from 1+" and over only. Anotherwords you cant adjust it to stock ride height and then lower to 1+ when you want. At least thats how I take it :shrug:

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
ok how do you know lol

whats bc coil overs?

It's really nice to have a shock shaft snap off at the mount on your coilover when driving down the highway. Especially when it is for no reason. Plus their shocks get weak and fail after a few thousand miles in my experience. I had to jack the rebound all the way up on my front set to come close to matching the damping on my freshly rebuilt rears even after a few hundred miles of break in.

grnenvy

Established Member
If u want a nice quiet ride don't do coilover's for the street. Just do a set of springs and maybe front struts. The only reason I say front struts is because around 80- 90 these cars seem to get a little light and bouncy and the shocks will absorb that.

chuckstang

Established Member
If u want a nice quiet ride don't do coilover's for the street. Just do a set of springs and maybe front struts. The only reason I say front struts is because around 80- 90 these cars seem to get a little light and bouncy and the shocks will absorb that.

Yes!

I find this car handles great stock but only under about 80mph or so, after that, it just seems to wallow and wander around the road.

I just ordered an adjustable panhard bar and brace and will start there. I noticed the rear wasnt really even centered perfectly from the factory anyway and also I think this will greatly help the handling as it did wonders for my GT500.

If that is not enough, I will then try some lowering springs and different dampers.

thanks guys

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread