Boss shortblock build

stang910

Established Member
Seems there's alot of interest in my Boss shortblock build so thought I'd start a thread on it. Looked for my invoice sheet, but couldn't find it so I don't have the part numbers, but Steve@Tousley Ford help me get all my parts together for my build. If you assemble it yourself you'll save about $1000 over the actual Boss shortblock. Here's a list of parts that I ordered.

-'13 Coyote block-M-6010-M504V
-Boss crank-M-6303-M50B
-Boss rods, pistons, and rings (comes as an assembly)-M-6100-M50BR
-Boss main bearings, I ordered 4 upper/lower bearings-CU7Z-6D309-B, 1 thrust bearing and a thrust washer
-Boss rod bearings
-Boss valvesprings-M-6513-M50br (2 sets needed)
-head gaskets-M-6067-M50BR (comes with 11/12 head bolts)
-timing cover gaskets
-'13 head bolts (11/12 bolts are different)

Assembled with no machine work at all. The parts showed up and I started to clean and assemble the block. Hardest part was getting the torque specs for everything which involved me calling my local dealership and the Ford Racing tech line. I did the whole engine assembly in my garage then went to my work and installed the engine in the car. The engine/trans came out from the bottom of the car and went back in from the bottom. Here's most of the pics from my build.

Last edited:

stang910

Established Member
Thanks to Beefcake for the great pricing on the Paxton and ID1000's. This was almost a Boss/Whipple build.

stang910

Established Member
I'm not sure, but it's worth asking. Assembly didn't take very long so I can't see it costing too much.

stang910

Established Member
No problem. I got a bunch of PM's about it so I figured there's more that want to know about it.

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
I'm glad you finally made this thread!

If you could get the part numbers from your online account at Tousley it would complete this thread IMO.

Any reason you chose to go with a new block instead of using your existing one ?

stang910

Established Member
I had a hellion kit on the car and it killed the stock shortblock. I threw a rod and bent an intake valve. I'll see if I can get some part #'s and I'll update the original post.

stang910

Established Member
I'm glad you finally made this thread!

If you could get the part numbers from your online account at Tousley it would complete this thread IMO.

Any reason you chose to go with a new block instead of using your existing one ?

I updated the OP with part numbers I could find. Tousley's website has the crank, bearings, and gaskets listed so you guys can get an idea. I think the piston, rod, ring assembly was a little under $800.

Users who are viewing this thread