Boss replacement tires

guarnibl

Established Member
Not everyone wants to spend almost $400 a tire :)

Though I feel it comes with the territory you're in with the Boss and is justified.

Jabooh1

Established Member
I have S-04's and they are ok. I will not be buying them again. I went with 19x9 front and 19x11 rear so my choices are limited with a 305 in the back. I will be doing MPSS next time.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I have S-04's and they are ok. I will not be buying them again. I went with 19x9 front and 19x11 rear so my choices are limited with a 305 in the back. I will be doing MPSS next time.
Seriously considering 18" wheels. Tires are a bit cheaper and the options are vast

mikebxb

Just bought my 2012 Boss it has 17K on it and came with Gooodyear super car's
I'm shopping and the BF Goodrich looks real good for all round / all season . They have a good wear rating and warranty. around 220 -235 / tire
I have Shelby SVT 19" rims with 255 front and 285 rear. I want to go a little wider in the back possibly 295 not sure what ratio 35 or 40 yet
I dont track my car (yet) and will keep the staggered / factory offset. The square sounds neat but I've ran 60's on front of a few vettes with bad results. my 2 cents

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
If your wanting to, you can go to a little larger staggered set up. I went Bridgestone S-04 pole position in 265/35 front and 295/30 Rear. Lowers the car slightly and a bit more tire. If you don't have a tune, it only throws the speedo off a little.

10497439_942597865757028_4923239266397691429_o.jpg

Last edited:

lpheaven

Established Member
I just put about 200 miles on my pss. Awesome tires period. Fyi these tires like to be at max psi for the way I drive. 265/40 295/35 on the stock wheels

Posted via Topify on Android

CALIF BOSS302

Established Member
Anyone running the Mickey Thompson Street Comps? I was thinking of ordering the Forgestar f14 Gunmetal 19" staggered with MTs mounted from AM. Pretty good deal for a turnkey package.

Any thoughts??

senderofan

Established Member
Anyone running the Mickey Thompson Street Comps? I was thinking of ordering the Forgestar f14 Gunmetal 19" staggered with MTs mounted from AM. Pretty good deal for a turnkey package.

Any thoughts??

My brother in law installed a set on his 2010 Camaro SS that is supercharged. He had P Zero's on before this. He says it's an overall upgrade in every category....especially in wet conditions. We did do a track day in May....he was more than satisfied....especially at the price point. Seriously considering it for my DD tires.

Wayne

CALIF BOSS302

Established Member
Thanks Wayne . . . for the price and the package they seem like deal. I was going to go with MPSS but not sure I will notice the "extras" those tires provide. My car is a weekend canyon carver and most likely will not see track or rain.

My brother in law installed a set on his 2010 Camaro SS that is supercharged. He had P Zero's on before this. He says it's an overall upgrade in every category....especially in wet conditions. We did do a track day in May....he was more than satisfied....especially at the price point. Seriously considering it for my DD tires.

Wayne

BADBOSS

Established Member
So I drive my boss daily and my Invo's are bald coming into winter. I have decided to give the Nitto Motivo an all season performance tire a shot. I have these on both my wife's car and my son's Hyundai Tiburon and they have been awesome. Quiet, good corner grip and super long wear! Not sure how they will hold up to the power of the Boss but I think in winter they will be better than any summer tire out there. Plus they have my size 315/35/zr20 for only $236 shipped! Less than half of some other brands. I haven't seen any reports on the forum so I will give updates when i get em.

Users who are viewing this thread