Boss replacement tires

68_340_Cuda

Established Member
Im in the market for some new tires for my Boss. What is everybody replacing the Pirellis with? I don't run the car at the track, I just need a good tire that will get decent mileage out of.

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
I've been running the Mickey Thompson Street Comps almost 15K now, won't be running anything else, love them.

builtarmyofone

Established Member
I just put on the S04's for my street tires. Drove about 800 miles to Charlotte on them. Excellent street tire and good in wet. I work for Bridgestone though so I get them dirt cheap

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I have Nitto NT05s on my new wheels and like them a lot! One complaint is they tread seems shallow. But the handle and hook great imo

Last edited:

Para81

Established Member
I'm thinking of replacing the Pirellis with MPSS also. I've got them on my 911 and they drive fantastic (though a bit loud).

BADBOSS

Established Member
I have the Nitto Invo's with about 10 k miles on them. I just tracked them last weekend at the 50th in Vegas and they were Awesome for a street tire!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I have the Nitto Invo's with about 10 k miles on them. I just tracked them last weekend at the 50th in Vegas and they were Awesome for a street tire!

I run these on my GT as well and think that they are a great all around tire.

straightliner1

Established Member
The widest recommended for the 10" wheel is a 295. I snapped up what I believe to be the last 2 in the entire US. Michelin is delayed on summer tire production and the PSS in 295/35 isn't expected until June.

az20115.0

Established Member
I also have nitto invos up front, which are great on the street but were not so great at the track.. started giving up after a few laps, and the car started to understeer quite bad.. looking for new tires up front.. oddly enough, the rear end with nitto 555r (drag tires) performed beautifully! stuck like glue! everyone says they are bad for the road course but mine did great, relative to the invos anyway

guarnibl

Established Member
If you just need a street tire, you can't go wrong with the Hankook Ventus V12 evo2.. it's $100 cheaper per tire than the Super Sports, and if you're not driving your car very aggressively on the street, you'll never know the difference. Otherwise, I suggest the Super Sports over the Hankooks. It was extremely challenging for me to tell the difference but I'm not the best driver either :) IMO, worth the ~$400 savings. ExtremeContact DW's are also good for the price. Not sure if they're as good as the evo2 tho.

Also -- not sure if this was mentioned but the non-LS Boss will not fit a 295 rear tire properly in the MPSS. You're maxed at 285. The LS version has a 10" wide wheel -- so it can run a 295. However, the non-LS only has a 9.5" wide wheel in the rear.

LS:
275 front
295 back

Non-LS:
275 front
285 back

Last edited:

LostPony

Established Member
I use Continental Extreme DW on my car in the stock size. They are great for wear and grip wet or dry, and even occaisional track use. I would go Pilot Sport if I had only one set of wheels ( I have three sets). I have used my Contis in winter and they do okay with light snow. If you are not going winter driving I would use the DW. If you must drive in winter, use a different set of wheels and tires just for winter use. I would also go with a square setup to make them last longer.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I'd use Continental Extreme DW for wet weather. But right now I'm trying out toyo r888 for summer and so far they are great! I get slight humming noise on deceleration from 35-25mph but other than that they are awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread