Boss newb questions

GotGrunt

Established Member
I was happy with the stock ride height in the front but the rear rides way too high from the factory. NY roads are terrible so I went with the Steeda Boss springs... looks great without being too low and no more insane rake :-D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    313.4 KB · Views: 208

FKing1

Established Member
I was happy with the stock ride height in the front but the rear rides way too high from the factory. NY roads are terrible so I went with the Steeda Boss springs... looks great without being too low and no more insane rake :-D

Looks very close to mine.
I likeee!
What rims are those? and size.

GotGrunt

Established Member
Looks very close to mine.
I likeee!
What rims are those? and size.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Thanks! :thumbsup: They are Forgestar CF5s in gloss gunmetal, 19x9 fronts & 19x10 rears. BTW, these wheels shaved off about 32lbs. in unsprung weight.

Last edited:

GotGrunt

Established Member
View attachment 59840How the tire sizes?
These are my winter snow tires on 302S rims which I like more than the original factory ones,

I'm running the OE tire sizes front and rear but went with Mickey Thompson sport comps instead of the Pirellis. IIRC, the LS and 302S wheels are also 19x9/10. They do look nice, the only problem is weight. I believe they weigh just as much as the regular Boss wheels.

Last edited:

SVOGT302

Established Member
Premium Member
Did you put Steeda springs in all atound or just the rears? Hows the ride & handling?

GotGrunt

Established Member
Did you put Steeda springs in all atound or just the rears? Hows the ride & handling?

I bought all 4 but only used the rears after searching the forums and finding a few others that had done the same. FWIW, Steeda would have sold me just the rears but it was 3/4 of the price of the set. The ride and handling were unchanged and I got the desired result. I also went with a BMR adjustable panhard bar as the springs brought the rear down about an inch. This should have been the factory ride height!

Last edited:

SVOGT302

Established Member
Premium Member
I bought all 4 but only used the rears after searching the forums and finding a few others that had done the same. FWIW, Steeda would have sold me just the rears but it was 3/4 of the price of the set. The ride and handling were unchanged and I got the desired result. I also went with a BMR adjustable panhard bar as the springs brought the rear down about an inch. This should have been the factory ride height!

Did you look into the 55D springs from Brembo50? I understand they lower it by .5" --

GotGrunt

Established Member
Did you look into the 55D springs from Brembo50? I understand they lower it by .5" --

The 55Ds are another option if you are doing rear only but I don't like the raked look at all. The Steedas bring the rear gap down exactly even with the front.

Users who are viewing this thread