Boss mani vs. Cobra Jet

Speedwagon

Established Member
Does anyone know the different loss/gains between the Boss 302 manni and the Cobra Jet? I was going to change out my Boss for the cobra jet and was just wondering if its worth the extra $$$. I did a search and didnt find anything.. Thanks!

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
A ported Boss Manifold with an Accufab TB isn't giving up much to a CJ Manifold. Shaun@AED has the data/numbers and may chime in on this thread. If you haven't already done so, would go ahead port yours. You already have a great CAI, the airraid does not taper down from end to end like many of the others.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
I hate to be that guy but there's no way in hell you did a worthy search... I literally just googled boss manifold vs cobra jet and there were numerous threads on SVTP, MustangEvo, etc. asking the exact same thing. Hell, even AM and FFM published articles...

Anyways, I switched from a ported Boss with Steeda CAI to a ported CJ with Monoblade and JLT. Well worth the difference and I'd do it again without hesitation.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Yeah definitely. OP, don't worry about the driveability with mono. I would say it's different from stock but not un driveable. More along the lines of driving a different streetable car. You get used to it quick.

Only thing I'd be wary of is that some of them were released with problems. If your tuner tells you so, contact Accufab and they will take care of you. I dropped mine off in person and they repaired and Fedex'd me within a week

noldevin

Established Member
By the time you buy a boss, throttle body, and pay to have it ported you might as well have gotten a CJ...

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah definitely. OP, don't worry about the driveability with mono. I would say it's different from stock but not un driveable. More along the lines of driving a different streetable car. You get used to it quick. .....

What does this mean?

Explain the difference.

KushBandit

Established Member
Hmmm, I'm curious as well. My monoblade SCJ throttle body drives like the stock throttle body with better throttle response, however that's all in the tuning IMO.

Since you already have a Boss manifold, I'd just port that and get a Accufab throttle body. The Airraid CAI is a nice piece as it doesn't taper, like previously stated. If you want the best manifold and throttle body currently available, the CJ/monoblade setup can't be beat. Don't forget that a CJ manifold can also be ported.

With that said, if you have plans for boost later on, just stick with the Boss.

Speedwagon

Established Member
Yeah definitely. OP, don't worry about the driveability with mono. I would say it's different from stock but not un driveable. More along the lines of driving a different streetable car. You get used to it quick.

Only thing I'd be wary of is that some of them were released with problems. If your tuner tells you so, contact Accufab and they will take care of you. I dropped mine off in person and they repaired and Fedex'd me within a week

Good yo know... Thanks Kevin! Its anwers like this that you wont find in any google serach.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
Seems like the CJ setups make just a tad more HP. I think the ported boss/accufab gets darn close though. Almost no one here is N/A (everyone goes straight to FI), so not a lot to compare to in person here (I haven't run against a CJ car personally)....

MCBigDog

Established Member
I've had problems with 2 monoblades. Throttle blade would hang open then car would go into limp mode. Sent one back, got another, exact same problem. AccuFab said the monoblade is not designed for N/A cars. Recommended the twin 65 which is what I'm going with.

AKDMB

Established Member
This is a problem due to poor tuning, but also quality control on the part of accufab or whoever is making these things.

Users who are viewing this thread