Boss Intake - Dyno & Track results

SCalla1384

Established Member
Like said though, to use it effectively, you need the right gearing, and can't be afraid to shift it high.

It would be similar to putting 3.08's and shifting at 6200 on a stock intake.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Just like it was said its moving the power band higher. I personally had good experiences with the boss manifold. But to each there own.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
Again ANOTHER post where the damn boss 302 intake DOES NOTHING. Where are all the fanboys who were on the last post talking about "He was short shifting" doesn't make a damn bit of good... You don't get crap except a higher trap speed. It's just a dyno whore and YET ANOTHER example of that.

Still damn good times with 3:31 gears no matter what man, nothing against you or your car. But I am tired of telling people the boss 302 is a WASTE unless you are 99% street pulls and you do roll races. Which even then it won't make a difference to out weigh the costs...

Excuse me while I go post this thread in the last one...

which is exactly why its cams and full boltons for me. minus intake manifold. i want all of the torque. i can sacrifice 20hp for 20 lb-ft.

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
been 11.64 119

stock manifold (for life or until i get cams)

revolution dyno tune

jlt carbon

big and littles

3.31 car

muffler delete

1480DA

Last edited:

SCalla1384

Established Member
^ track?

And yes, stock intake and 3.31's is a much better combo then 3.31's and boss intake. I'm not saying the stock intake isn't good.. Didn't Casper/JPC do 10.7 @ 124mph on it?

Like EJR said, it's not rocket science. You gain ~20rwhp and move the powerband up. If your not shifting at the right spot or the right gears, obviously it's not going to do a great job.

As far as tq #'s there overrated in these cars. The gearing in the trans is keeping you at 5500+ rpm every shift. Which is where the boss shines over the stock intake. Especially if your on slicks launching at 6000+ rpm, then what does the torque loss mean? Nothing!

The only time you'd notice it, is around town lugging in 4th gear. So the low end loss really has no affect, I don't miss it because I haven't felt a difference.

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
lmao here we go D/A dont lie and obviously track prep wasent great ..... cecil is only faster in the winter when are D/A drops bellow -2000

SCalla1384

Established Member
Cecil ruins all timeslips lol.

Lol seriously...

iv gone within a hundredth of a second within that at mir and CRAPITOL

Depends on DA difference to. Cecil is if not the fastest, one of the fastest tracks in the country. Low sea level, slightly downhill, and from what people have said, jack Cecil preps the shit out of that track.

Aren't most of the NHRA records held at Cecil? It isn't coinsidence...

SCalla1384

Established Member
And the people knocking the boss intake without ever driving with one, shouldn't comment. Just because they see dyno sheets they think it sucks. Or track times on set ups that aren't good for the intake (like mine) But, it's still more fun then the stock intake. Can't wait to put 3.73's in :)

KBLEO

Established Member
1379283199_zps8d57d197.jpg

LOL

Yeah, those northern guys get real bitchy when it's their time of the month. Doesn't help that they don't fully comprehend statements before responding with their girly insults.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Yeah, those northern guys get real bitchy when it's their time of the month. Doesn't help that they don't fully comprehend statements before responding with their girly insults.

No one is getting bitchy about anything, your test had no value or weight to the boss intake manifold discussion.

EJR

Established Member
cecil runs about 3mph faster then NED in the exact same DA... Just throwing that out there.

KBLEO

Established Member
No one is getting bitchy about anything, your test had no value or weight to the boss intake manifold discussion.

Don't get your panties in a knot, I'll post up results on Thurs. after I get my re-tune done. You girls seem a bit sensitive. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread