Boss front splitter installed.

delvin.a

Established Member
Wow, never much cared for that color but what you've done makes it look great!

Nicely done, love the wheels by the way.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
man, you might have the best looking '10-'12 i've seen so far, absolutely badass! i'm a whore for satin black, so i love what you have goin on!

T.O.Snake

Established Member
thanks for the info. also how do your FRPP K springs ride compared to stock?

+1

Although it might be tough to determine how big a difference just the springs made, if he got the shocks/struts done at the same time.

Incidentally, how does that whole set up (shocks/struts/springs) ride and handle? I've heard a number of people like the Koni Yellows best, and I admittedly am not a suspension expert by any means.

I'm also curious about the BMR springs. Their other suspension components (control arms, panhard bars (which I see you have), etc) seem to be great, but haven't heard much about their springs. They seem kinda unique because they have an hourglass shape for the rears:
2005 - 2011 Mustang GT | Lowering Springs | SP009 - Lowering Springs, Set Of 4, 1.25" Front And 1.5" Rear | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

Didn't mean to hijack your thread, though - your car just keeps getting better :rockon:

EDIT: btw, is that the saleen or roush grille?

Last edited:

swervo

Established Member
thanks for the info. also how do your FRPP K springs ride compared to stock?

+1

Although it might be tough to determine how big a difference just the springs made, if he got the shocks/struts done at the same time.

Incidentally, how does that whole set up (shocks/struts/springs) ride and handle? I've heard a number of people like the Koni Yellows best, and I admittedly am not a suspension expert by any means.

I'm also curious about the BMR springs. Their other suspension components (control arms, panhard bars (which I see you have), etc) seem to be great, but haven't heard much about their springs. They seem kinda unique because they have an hourglass shape for the rears:
2005 - 2011 Mustang GT | Lowering Springs | SP009 - Lowering Springs, Set Of 4, 1.25" Front And 1.5" Rear | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

Didn't mean to hijack your thread, though - your car just keeps getting better :rockon:

EDIT: btw, is that the saleen or roush grille?

I installed the K springs by themselves and hated the ride. After I installed my Koni's the ride was alot more bearable. Keep in mind, it's not going to ride like stock, but the shocks helped out alot and took the alot of the harshness out of the ride.

T.O.Snake

Established Member
I installed the K springs by themselves and hated the ride. After I installed my Koni's the ride was alot more bearable. Keep in mind, it's not going to ride like stock, but the shocks helped out alot and took the alot of the harshness out of the ride.

So does that mean it's "unpleasant" stiff? The stance looks perfect, IMO, but our roads here are pretty crummy, so it makes me wonder if I'd dislike that setup.

Are they a progressive spring?

swervo

Established Member
So does that mean it's "unpleasant" stiff? The stance looks perfect, IMO, but our roads here are pretty crummy, so it makes me wonder if I'd dislike that setup.

Are they a progressive spring?

It's stiff, but not unbearable. It's just like any lowered car.

ViciousJay

Established Member
honestly im not a fan for what you spent on it plus selling your stock bumper you could have gotten the roush bumper and really stand out, just my 2 cents

AmnDucky

Established Member
honestly im not a fan for what you spent on it plus selling your stock bumper you could have gotten the roush bumper and really stand out, just my 2 cents

I agree the CS front end Is getting played out a little. But I love the ease of brake duct use. And to some extent, I care more about function over form.

swervo

Established Member

I agree the CS front end Is getting played out a little. But I love the ease of brake duct use. And to some extent, I care more about function over form.

You guys are entitled to your opinions and I did consider getting a Roush bumper as well. Lets just agree to disagree :beer:

cobra1718

Established Member
hey swervo have you had any issues with steep upgrades? The lower splitter sticks out a couple/three inches. I know it wont go on ramps since mine will not withput the boss splitter

cobra1718

Established Member
Can this splitter be put on the factory front bumper (read non CS or Roush)? I love the way it looks! Car looks great!
maybe OP can chime in but from the looks of the boss splitter it uses the bolts that are under the bumper for installation. so maybe...but not sure

swervo

Established Member
Can this splitter be put on the factory front bumper (read non CS or Roush)? I love the way it looks! Car looks great!
You'll have to get a CS valence since it bolts to the valence and the bumper
hey swervo have you had any issues with steep upgrades? The lower splitter sticks out a couple/three inches. I know it wont go on ramps since mine will not withput the boss splitter
I havent gone over any steep inclines yet. I'm going to try to avoid those. :lol1: I'll try to get a pic to show how much room I have.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i'm 95% positive that this is a 'yes'. i remember reading that the mustang crew decided early on in the '10 development to add splitter mounting points to the factory piece for ease of use with the FR500 cars(the boss LS splitter is the same as the FR500 piece).

Users who are viewing this thread