Boss Dyno results, Track Vs Standard key

Unrealford

Established Member
Today I took my Boss to a Dynoshop and had some baseline numbers.
Standard key : 394.25 hp/torque was 354.91
Trackey: Less hp ( just by little)
391.93 but more Torque 357.43
Shop wasent aware on first 2 pulls that 4th wasent 1:1 and it ran 382/387.
These are STD #s 394 in SAE was 384
He did a total of 5 pulls
2 in 4th
2 with trackey
1 with Standard key.
According to him it stopped at redlined @7450.
Car has 3,750 miles, is stock 100% except restrictor plates removed from side pipes.
In 2 weeks I will be returning with a Steeda Cai and tune.I will be testing it with a Dyno Fan with hood shut so that there's no griping that open element aircleaner had a advantage because hood open.
2012-09-11_12-12-41_974.jpg

Last edited:

Dadz500

Established Member
Not bad numbers. I am a little surprised the red key had lower numbers because it feels so much better with the throttle response when driving it. I was going to get mine on a Dyno this week when I pick up my Shelby and see where it baselines.

svt1111

Established Member
You ran 12.1 at 115 bone stock, if I recall??

That is some impressive driving for a 384 rwhp car!

Looking forward to your other testing. Please be sure to post.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Mine dynoed Silver key 378 Red Key 384 SAE.... Torque was higher with the track key too...

To the OP... you did purchase the track key tune right?? Otherwise the red key is the same as the silver...... just saying cause your numbers look otherwise.
Either way they are good numbers!!

Unrealford

Established Member
Not bad numbers. I am a little surprised the red key had lower numbers because it feels so much better with the throttle response when driving it. I was going to get mine on a Dyno this week when I pick up my Shelby and see where it baselines.

Yes, I purchased Trackey when Ford Finally rolled out the tune.

65sohc

Established Member
Next time you dyno be sure you remove the foglight blank. The dyno fan will blow straight into the air duct just like on the street.

65sohc

Established Member
I think the idea that having the hood open during a dyno run is unrealistic is false. We already know from monitoring IAT on the '13's that when the car is stationary IAT rises significantly and as soon as it is in motion temp begins to drop, eventually to within a degree or two of ambient. The Steeda CAI you're installing has a well-designed shield and should follow suit. Steeda have test data on their blog demonstrating this.

Unrealford

Established Member
I think the idea that having the hood open during a dyno run is unrealistic is false. We already know from monitoring IAT on the '13's that when the car is stationary IAT rises significantly and as soon as it is in motion temp begins to drop, eventually to within a degree or two of ambient. The Steeda CAI you're installing has a well-designed shield and should follow suit. Steeda have test data on their blog demonstrating this.

Exactly, that why I am keeping hood closed, so people don't say the CAI gained HP only because hood was open supplying additional air, and more then realistic conditions

NJSP117

Established Member
Odd that the numbers are so close....I also thought the difference would be greater between the 2 keys...maybe it's not all that much of a tune after all....

86Fbody

Established Member
Odd that the numbers are so close....I also thought the difference would be greater between the 2 keys...maybe it's not all that much of a tune after all....

It is a great tune, or so I have read if you want to track the car. Better throttle response, engine braking, power comes in sooner and harder. A tune doesn't have to add power to make the car faster.

Users who are viewing this thread